• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Books and Stuff on IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books and Stuff on IR35

I had no idea that such things existed, but the magic of th'internet is neverending, it would seem
    There are books available on the subject of building IR35 strategies. Seems that they're not cheap, but probably cheaper than sitting in an accountants office for an afternoon and getting the same info.
    Might be worth checking out

Books on IR35
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 7 October 2011, 12:09.

Books

I can recommend the Dave Smith (from Accountax fame) book, we've a couple of copies in the office. Just bought one off Ebay last week for about £9 in good condition....bargain!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
      I can recommend the Dave Smith (from Accountax fame) book, we've a couple of copies in the office. Just bought one off Ebay last week for about £9 in good condition....bargain!
      I agree with Darren, I found it invaluable revising for my submissions for the PCG accreditation. However, I wouldn't invest in anything expensive as IR35 may very well soon be a thing of the past

Comment

...........soon to be replaced by "son of IR35" and a whole lot more vicious it will be too. The coalition need your money more than you do. You read it here first.........
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          ...........soon to be replaced by "son of IR35" and a whole lot more vicious it will be too. The coalition need your money more than you do. You read it here first.........
          LOL

I hope for all of our sakes that you're not right...

Comment

Originally posted by JulesInch View Post
            LOL

I hope for all of our sakes that you're not right...

I am, trust me.

Comment

I am, trust me.
              You aren't - assuming you are in business of course, and not just pretending.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                You aren't - assuming you are in business of course, and not just pretending.
                Contractor taxation is going up. A lot. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Can you think of a softer, juicier, politically more expendable target than the contractor? I can't.

Comment

Contractor taxation is going up. A lot. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Can you think of a softer, juicier, politically more expendable target than the contractor? I can't.
                  Everybody's taxation is going up, directly or indirectly. There's nothing particularly special about freelance contractors. There's no evidence that son-of-IR35 - if there is such a thing, which I seriously doubt - will harm genuine Ltd Co contractors, what would be the point? The maximum income gain would be a few hundred milion, set against damaging the 1.4 million strong workforce UK PLC needs to get things moving.

Of course if you really are a pseudo permie using the LtdCo to get around paying taxes, then you might be seen to be a genuine target - "Stamp out avoidance", remember...

Let's see what the proposals are before we break out the sackcloth and ashes, shall we?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Fair point, but my scepticism may be justified if you reflect a while. There simply is no situation that cannot be made worse by the action of politicians. Contractors are a soft target, an irresistible souce of extra income to a goverment in dire need of more revenue.

Comment

Working...
                    X