• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: Euro plunges as Spain’s debt downgraded

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: Euro plunges as Spain’s debt downgraded

Euro plunges as Spain’s debt downgraded

They've got no option - they have to devalue the peseta.

Oh wait, hang on...

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Euro plunges as Spain’s debt downgraded

They've got no option - they have to devalue the peseta.

Oh wait, hang on...

I'm sure the EU has secretly been building up a vast war chest for years, to fund an EU military expansion and so on. That would explain the apparent laxity in their accounting. But now they'll have to blow it all propping up Mediterranean countries if they want the wretched thing to survive at all.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The headline "Euro plunges as Spain’s debt downgraded" is as meaningful as a BMW double dutch instruction manual written by an Italian

Don't you realise the pound plunges hand in hand with the euro, I think the £ only made a slight gain against the euro for all the plunging it's being doing.

The point is, laugh at Europe all you want, we're still part of the union and the more Mr camoran tries to ignore that fact the bigger the our own plunge will be in the months to follow. true....
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The main point isn't that the euro "plunged", it's that Spain's credit-worthiness has been downgraded, which will increase their deficit, and being in the euro means they can't devalue and export or inflate to help get out of it.

Comment

See I told you Spain would fall. (can't do the link thing)
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            See I told you Spain would fall. (can't do the link thing)
            I believe you AP, don't worry about the link.

Comment

News is a lagging indicator, in other words when news is announced, unless it is a total shock it has more than likely been priced into the market.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
              X