• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone bought an Ipad yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone bought an Ipad yet?

Going to look at one tomorrow, not sure if I'm going to get one yet.

Anyone bought one in the last few days?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Going to look at one tomorrow, not sure if I'm going to get one yet.

Anyone bought one in the last few days?
    S'funny... You never struck me as one of those "Look at me... I've got a new Toy!!" - sort of people

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      S'funny... You never struck me as one of those "Look at me... I've got a new Toy!!" - sort of people
      I haven't been, but working for some cutting edge technology companies in the last few years sort of got me back into it. All in all, Apple makes fantastic products. The level of useability, the little touches to make a users life easier is frankly outstanding. I'd love to know what the new IPAD is really like and people who have used it (as opposed to copying and pasting lots of multi links from articles they've read to make themselves look big)

Comment

Not bought it, not convinced it's worth buying. It makes me think of early mobile phones.... one day we'll realise it was the start of a revolution, but atm, only pretentious twunts would carry such a big chunk of plastic cr@p under their arms to make it look like they're hip and happening.
        Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
          .......atm, only pretentious twunts would carry such a big chunk of plastic cr@p under their arms to make it look like they're hip and happening.
          You mean SAS has one?

Comment

Contractor in the office had one shipped from the US about 6 weeks ago. I had a 10 min play with it and concluded I would use one but probably only at home when lounging around the house and too lazy to boot the laptop up. Couldn't see how I would use it in any corporate/productive manner.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I haven't been, but working for some cutting edge technology companies in the last few years sort of got me back into it. All in all, Apple makes fantastic products. The level of useability, the little touches to make a users life easier is frankly outstanding. I'd love to know what the new IPAD is really like and people who have used it (as opposed to copying and pasting lots of multi links from articles they've read to make themselves look big)

Gosh did I tune into an alternative universe?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
                Unless you absolutely, positively have to have one right away, I'd be inclined to wait until at least the second generation models appear.

This will give Apple the chance to iron out any wrinkles, address any major issues, and generally make useful improvements.
                WHS - Also it'll probably have a camera in it by then.

I've no intention of buying one myself although the wife is thinking about one for around the house. My macbook pro goes everywhere I do and then it's my iphone. I'm just not sure what I'd need to use it for, other than around the house for reading the paper and articles...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
                  Contractor in the office had one shipped from the US about 6 weeks ago. I had a 10 min play with it and concluded I would use one but probably only at home when lounging around the house and too lazy to boot the laptop up. Couldn't see how I would use it in any corporate/productive manner.
                  Is booting a laptop in some way laborious? I just open the lid to get it out of standby in 7 seconds flat, it has a keyboard and everything... even does flash.

Someone please tell me what the USP is?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    WHS - Also it'll probably have a camera in it by then.

I've no intention of buying one myself although the wife is thinking about one for around the house. My macbook pro goes everywhere I do and then it's my iphone. I'm just not sure what I'd need to use it for, other than around the house for reading the paper and articles...
                    We have a macbook pro and thats what made me think about an IPAD. The fact the Apple kicks in after about 7-10 seconds amazes me when compared to PC's & windows. I love my Iphone as well, so I thought this would be a good step. I'll see tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X