• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Three O'Clock in the Morning Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Three O'Clock in the Morning Thread

If you cannot sleep during the early hours of the morning and spend your life surfing the NET for inconsquential links to post for others on a forum to make yourself feel clever or alternatively like to draft a large pointless response to a thread which others feel have significance but frankly you feel offends your staid utopian binary moral view of the world, then please feel free to post in this thread or alternatively continue to avoid any form of PM.

This way your morally repugnant view can be responded to in full unbated fashion from other posters who think that you are cheap low pedantic poster who only has the nerve to respond to others in the dark hours.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

"NET" should not be capitalised as it is not an acronym or abbreviation, or in any other way (such as a trademark) a term that requires capitalisation.

I didn't respond to your PM about the way you polluted the thread about Fleetwood with the word "Boing" because I had already addressed everything you said in my own response to that thread.

I expressed the wish that your post and all subsequent posts, including my own, should be deleted because I felt - and feel - that none of them belong there. I intended no malice, unless you think cleaning egotistic graffiti off a memorial is malicious.

You seem to be obsessed with making sure people know that you have been posting on these forums for a long time. I'm not sure why you think this is so important. You have, in fact, spent long periods of time without posting here, so it's not as if you have established yourself as a bellwether. Many of the regular posters of today see you as something of a newcomer, no matter how much you prate about what things were like seven years ago.

Still, I'm glad you took my advice and started your own thread rather than polluting Fleetwood's thread again.

Comment

Nick. If you wish to dictate the terms & conditions & posting rules for using a forum that you feel are acceptable and which relate to the moral high horse that you so often find yourself saddled upon may I suggest you develop your own site!

This should be no problem with someone with your technical skills. You could of course then post Nick's Posting Rules at the top of your site. You have no doubt already written this 'moral code'.

Posters from across the internet would flock there, awaiting your witful insight and hanging on your every post. You could then of course, delete & prune anything you didn't like and ban posters with impunity.

I look forward to seeing it & to getting banned from your new site :

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Nick. If you wish to dictate the terms & conditions & posting rules for using a forum that you feel are acceptable and which relate to the moral high horse that you so often find yourself saddled upon may I suggest you develop your own site!

This should be no problem with someone with your technical skills. You could of course then post Nick's Posting Rules at the top of your site. You have no doubt already written this 'moral code'.

Posters from across the internet would flock there, awaiting your witful insight and hanging on your every post. You could then of course, delete & prune anything you didn't like and ban posters with impunity.

I look forward to seeing it & to getting banned from your new site :
        I keep thinking that you're a tosser. Then you post and remove the doubt.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Nah, I think Nick's got bored with posting since he lost TPD so he has created MF as his sockie.

If not, WYS +1

Comment

There you go. Nicks new site has a music forum and its first poster Overthehill1950!

Comment

....stuff.....
              Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
              ....stuff.....
              C'mon Guys..... I think you are being a bit unfair here! (I think) You are "supporting" NF because its MF not because of the actual situation....

I think NFs initial reaction was also motivated by it being MF rather than the actual "bounce" of the thread.

I personally don't "know", and never "knew", Fleetwood (although I have read the thread in question) so have no axe to grind on that front - I assume he was something more than "just" a pedantic poster and that he deserved some tribute, in the spirit of CUK including bad spelling seems "right".

In any case - there is no love lost between me and MF or indeed AtW but as far as I can see there was no malice from either of these posters in regard the "bounce" of the Fleety thread... quite the opposite in fact - I think they were sincere in their motivation!

While I am happy to queue up to kick MF in normal circumstances I think in this case it is out of order.

Obviously you don't care what I think.... but you can't stop me!!!

Comment

I think it was right for MF to bounce the thread on Fleetwood. We still remember him.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 30 May 2010, 13:49.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  There you go. Nicks new site has a music forum and its first poster Overthehill1960!
                  FTFY
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    ...stuff...
                    I'm not supporting Nick or referring to the Fleetwood thread. I think MF's a tosser.

HTH
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X