• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who's this bloke claiming he's Wilmslow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who's this bloke claiming he's Wilmslow?

And more to the point, why?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I reckon it's either cailin maith's, or Churchill's, sockie aided and abetted by Pogle.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I reckon it's either cailin maith's, or Churchill's, sockie aided and abetted by Pogle.
      Wouldn't such a conspiracy require a basic level of: Intelligence, Planning, Thought......

Comment

Nah. It's SAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Nah. It's SAS.
          sasguru doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Nah. It's SAS.
            I refer the Honourable Gent to my previous answer.

Comment

I'm going to go start with Dim, Shaunbhoy, Sas or Churchy, AtW as the owner of Wilmslow.

It's a subtle creation that has gone on for a number of years.

The reason Wilmslow is a socky is obvious.
              Firstly, earlier posts about being a contractor, then to perm, then in perm, then in contract etc don't add up. The times were wrong, its quite easy to see if you look at threads started.
              Secondly, Wilmslow doesn't interact in the same way a real poster would. Threads are started, he lurks and a large number of posts build up. Normally only 1 more interaction and Wilsmlow is gone. There is no rat a tat tat interaction.
              Three. It's predictable & the level of 'hapless fool' is clever. The classic victim, very Rigsby.

Atw is an idiot, so cant be him. Now Churchy & CM believe they have met Wilmslow. They are presently abroad, and so the chance to post as Wilmslow now would be overwhelming. So either, someone has pretended to be Wilmslow or it's Churchy. This would require a certain level of intelligence(so this reduces the chance) or patience(which I believe Churchy has)

Sas is a good contender, but to be honest would not be able to sustain the level of the years without sticking his hand up.

Same with Shaunbhoy. If SB was Wilsmlow, the level would be much much higher.

So it only leaves Churchy or Dim. Dim is more then capable of this and has form.

Time to give it up boys.....

I'm going for CM & Churchy. Well done, give it up though, the girlfriend thing has blown it.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I reckon they were all sitting around after the first few pints had gone down and someone thought "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if we told everyone Wilmslow turned up?". But they knew nobody would believe them so they roped someone (a random? a non-CUK mate?) into posing for a photo.

The posts from Wilmslow relating to the night would also tend to suggest that the puppet-master was in attendance, so that narrows it down to CM, Churchie, RC, EO, Pogle and Mr. Pogle. Considering the quality of Wilmslow's stories I reckon EO might be a serious contender.

Comment

Working...
                X