• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does Britain coming last in the Eurovision Song Contest mean that we are the unliked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Britain coming last in the Eurovision Song Contest mean that we are the unliked

Does Britain coming last in the Eurovision Song Contest mean that we are the unliked pigs of Europe ?

Does no one remember how we saved them from the Nazis and created a nuclear deterrent such that they didn't have to become Russian citizens digging holes and filling them in again and eating stale black bread and Vodka ?

I almost feel a Monty Python sketch coming on, "Yes, but what did the Brits ever do for us ... ?".

Not unliked, just incapable of producing a song that is catchy enough for the whole of Europe to like. It's at least 50% public vote now anyway, so tactical voting has all but disappeared.

The German entry was no. 1 in Germany Switzerland & Austria prior to the competition so at least they knew people liked it!
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The song was written by a Dane, so the Danes won really.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It was really a vote for who has the strongest economy, the singing was just a freebie
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Not unliked, just incapable of producing a song that is catchy enough for the whole of Europe to like. It's at least 50% public vote now anyway, so tactical voting has all but disappeared.
          Tactical voting is alive and strong. We have no neighbours. Well, we have Ireland but they don't count.

And yes. Nobody in Europe like us. (And we don't care.)
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

And yes. Nobody in Europe like us. (And we don't care.)
            don't tarnish Scotland's name, they love us over there and people north of the border care very much about the relationship with the rest of europe....
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Being voted last means Europe doesn't like our music. Considering what they listen to in euroland, that's a strong endorsement of the UK music scene.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                don't tarnish Scotland's name, they love us over there and people north of the border care very much about the relationship with the rest of europe....
                ...and getting the English to pay for your education and free prescriptions, I wish Scotland would stop playing the bloody victim in this relationship.

The UK has 80% of the popular music talent in Europe but no artist with any credibility would enter such a naf competition. We had a tulip song and it was badly delivered, they don't like us because we won't join there cosy parties.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Being voted last means Europe doesn't like our music. Considering what they listen to in euroland, that's a strong endorsement of the UK music scene.
                  That's maybe the case, but Muse, Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys seem to be played to death on Dutch radio.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bring back Jeux Sans Frontieres - we used to win that a lot.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X