• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

own up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

own up

Who worked on this?

Another public sector IT system going tits up. Surely not...

For completeness, I never worked on this.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

It wasn't me.

Comment

Don't have SC, "resident in UK for 5 years", don't think I will ever get SC.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Don't have SC, "resident in UK for 5 years", don't think I will ever get SC.
        Wouldn't worry about it, given the future state of public sector, and also that every man and his dog has SC...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

“Examples of errors include people having their personal tax allowances removed, being placed on higher tax codes or even having a '1' inserted in front of their salary, erroneously inflating up their taxable income by £100,000.”

These would be covered by some pretty basic test cases.

Sorry, I’m not available, I’m not cheap and I’m not UK resident (or Bob).
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If the errors are mostly in the state's favour, I wouldn't put it past the last Government to have had the records tweaked deliberately to up the estimated tax take so they could release over-optimistic estimates of revenues before the election and thus make more convincing their claims that a recovery was underway.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Examples of errors include people having their personal tax allowances removed, being placed on higher tax codes or even having a '1' inserted in front of their salary, erroneously inflating up their taxable income by £100,000.”

These would be covered by some pretty basic test cases.
              I wish my code was that good.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I wish my code was that good.
                Me too. My code would have sent billion pound bills to destitute grannies.

And killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Me too. My code would have sent billion pound bills to destitute grannies.

And killed them.
                  Anything to reduce the cost of the state pension. You're hired.
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                  X