• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cool short film: The Gift

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool short film: The Gift

The Gift

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Last edited by NickFitz; 2 June 2010, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Neat film, someone's been playing Half Life 2 far too much though.

Oddly the film wont play past 11 sec on Nicks's embedded link but plays fine on YouTube proper.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Oddly the film wont play past 11 sec on Nicks's embedded link but plays fine on YouTube proper.
        Really? I watched it on here without any problem.

Must be because I use a Mac... or something

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Works fine here on XP / FF
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I usually go to YouTube anyway for full screen.

Comment

Nick, is there any way to disable the display of embedded video in a similar fashion to the embeeded images?

I'm at work and the last thing I want is huge picture appearing in my browser - that and the BASTARD FOOTBALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Nick, is there any way to disable the display of embedded video in a similar fashion to the embeeded images?

I'm at work and the last thing I want is huge picture appearing in my browser - that and the BASTARD FOOTBALL!!!
                Oh, that's clever - disabling images doesn't affect video

I'll file a bug with vBulletin if they don't already have one for that; there really should be a user option to turn videos off, or turning images off should block them. In the meantime, I'll see if it's possible to hack something into the settings, if they don't already have a fix available somewhere.

EDIT: looks like they forgot that bit. Odder still is that, according to one bug they have logged, images and videos can't yet be enabled/disabled separately (as in, images but no video) by the administrator "as they use the same code". So they use the same code as far as the global setting is concerned, but when it comes to an individual user's settings, they use different code... nice
                Last edited by NickFitz; 2 June 2010, 15:18.

Comment

Working...
                X