• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming Soon: Last of Last of the Summer Wine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming Soon: Last of Last of the Summer Wine

It's finally getting the chop after 37 years.

I never liked it myself, but they must have been doing something right to last that long.

I never watched it and didn't know it was still running. If only the BBC would get rid of the Archers too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I never liked it myself, but they must have been doing something right to last that long.
      I used to love it when it had Foggy and Compo and Nora Batty, of course. Now there's only Clegg and Blakey left.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

TFFT

I had the displeasure of going to see an episode filmed at the BBC studios back in the eighties.
        It was chuffing cack then, so god knows what it's like now.

Comment

I have fond memories watching it 20 years ago as a nipper with my parents, but when I catch the odd minute now and again it seems to be entirely the same. Can't believe the same people are playing the same characters after so long, that blonde tart wasn't attractive decades ago...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Never seen an episode. Let's keep it that way.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

It was never the same after Joe Gladwin died.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                It was never the same after Joe Gladwin died.
                You're right. The knicker factory has never really hit it's targets since and Dierdre has never really been the same character.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  You're right. The knicker factory has never really hit it's targets since and Dierdre has never really been the same character.
                  I thought you'd mention the Hovis adverts...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I thought you'd mention the Hovis adverts...
                    Obviously I have never been North of the M25 but can only assume Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle etc are all like Last of the Summer Wine, and all Northern women sweep their steps down every week while wearing ill fitting stockings, while the men all wear flat caps & walk in the Countryside.

'Eh 'up Churchy! Is this one of your Dubai snaps???

Last edited by MarillionFan; 3 June 2010, 06:47.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X