• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Times website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Times website

So the Times website has gone all ‘pay for me’, but here on le continent I can read it all with no charges. Is it only paid in the UK?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    So the Times website has gone all ‘pay for me’, but here on le continent I can read it all with no charges. Is it only paid in the UK?
    It's only the mobile site that requires subscription so far IIRC.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Nope, its still free.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        It's only the mobile site that requires subscription so far IIRC.
        Oh, OK, so only tossers with flashy telephones have to pay for it. Jolly good show.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I wonder at what point Murdoch will deem this approach a failure?

He's renowned for subsidising loss making ventures so the worry is that it may go on for much longer and 'falsely encourage' other newspapers to follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            I wonder at what point Murdoch will deem this approach a failure?

He's renowned for subsidising loss making ventures so the worry is that it may go on for much longer and 'falsely encourage' other newspapers to follow suit.
            I buy the Times a couple of times a week only. I suspect that only libraries, coporate comms departments etc will purchase a subscription.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I'll buy a subscription, since I already have one to the e-times. I'll get the same access, but cheaper.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Did anyone on here end up signing up?

I must say, I do miss reading some of the articles on there - not enough to line Murdochs pockets though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Good one Alexi

Now, if you had any sense you would be marketing that to the likes of the Telegraph, etc.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X