• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the bench

Still sittin' ere three months on with no work to do ...

Why is that do you think?

Comment

Cuz his company cant secure a new contract obviously

Comment

Cos the managers want the budgets to last longer by delaying the start of projects ... been here 3.5 years ... same every year ...

Comment

So you are in a contract then and being paid, there's just nothing to do?

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
            So you are in a contract then and being paid, there's just nothing to do?
            Yes!

Comment

Sounds alright to me. A good opportunity to indulge in some self training, start up a sideline business or simply read a good book.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
                Sounds alright to me. A good opportunity to indulge in some self training, start up a sideline business or simply read a good book.
                Yes, been through quite a few books ...

Comment

So plenty of mutuality of obligation.

The client feels obliged to pay you even though you do feck all?

Nice "work" if you can get it.

I find, that if there's even a whiff of no work, the contract ends quicker than a very quick thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X