• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sickie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sickie

Colleague got her partner to phone in to say she is off sick today with a migraine.

Do migraines last all day? Sounds like a sickie to me, as this is a sunny Friday....... Especially as she does not have the balls to call herself!!

They can last for days and can be quite crippling. Had one on Tuesday and lost a days invoicing.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      They can last for days and can be quite crippling. Had one on Tuesday and lost a days invoicing.
      As long as she is poorly all weekend, I will feel a lot happier

You can probably tell I despise her.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Why do you despise her? FFS, she works at your place, does her job, goes home. What has she done to instill that kind of reaction from you?

Comment

Colleague got her partner to phone in to say she is off sick today with a migraine.

Do migraines last all day? Sounds like a sickie to me, as this is a sunny Friday....... Especially as she does not have the balls to call herself!!
          Oops, just realised I almost logged in as me to post this!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            Oops, just realised I almost logged in as me to post this!
            Oh that was so funny! You really are a card!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Why do you despise her? FFS, she works at your place, does her job, goes home. What has she done to instill that kind of reaction from you?
              It is what she does not do that is more to the point!

She does not know her stuff, blaggs, skives, throws sickies and spends her time talking like a radio on womans hour with a broken off button!

Other than that we get on great.

Comment

Was it by any chance her you spent the night with a week or two ago?

The course of true love never did run smooth
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It is what she does not do that is more to the point!

She does not know her stuff, blaggs, skives, throws sickies and spends her time talking like a radio on womans hour with a broken off button!

Other than that we get on great.
                  Unless you're her manager what's the problem? Despise is a very strong word to use when referring to a colleague.

If you are her manager then have a word with HR - it should never be personal.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Was it by any chance her you spent the night with a week or two ago?

The course of true love never did run smooth
                    Oh no, we are getting on great - she is coming over to mine this evening

Comment

Working...
                    X