• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rhubarb flowers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhubarb flowers

In a corner of the garden I have some rhubarb. This year it is in flower. Lots of flowers. Never seen rhubarb flowers before. Photos to follow.

I was wondering if any of the gathered congregation had one of those moments where they went something like, "Didn't know it <did x>, gosh"?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Comment

Well I'm flummoxed! Never known of such a thing!

Comment

stupendous footage - congratulations

Comment

I used to have some rhubarb in my garden. I loved it, cared for it, fed it (and made crumble out of it), but it never did that. The flowers look wrong though.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

My wife asked our friend "why are those onions all covered in soil"... she thought they grew on trees
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Looks purty, must say i've seen a lot of Rhubard in my time but never noticed it flowering like your pics.

Word on the street though is you need to get rid of the flowers if you want a decent crop: Rhubarb Flower
                Last edited by Durbs; 5 June 2010, 07:42.

Comment

My parents always grew rhubarb and in the eighteen years that I lived with them I never saw a flower display once.

OK, for the first couple of years I wouldn't have noticed at all, so call that sixteen years that it didn't happen.

Comment

tsk

I have this nagging feeling that I should look closer at the picture. Is it me, or does it look like the flower stalks are attached to the rhubarb stalks with tape?

Comment

Working...
                    X