PDA

View Full Version : What Comes First Ltd Company/Bank Account or Contract Offer

JimmyJames
4th June 2010, 10:31
Hi

I'm looking to move from perm to contract, and have a couple of telephone interviews in the pipeline. I currently have a 1 week notice period so if I secure a contract I'm keen to get going asap.

My question is do I need to form a Ltd company and have a business account before I get a contract or vice versa? - A contractor friend is putting me in touch with an Accountant but this probably won't be until after the interviews.

Any advise would be most welcome.

thunderlizard
4th June 2010, 12:46
You can do it either way perfectly well. The last company registration I did took a couple of hours, and then the bank set up an account the same afternoon.

Scrag Meister
4th June 2010, 12:55
You can do it either way perfectly well. The last company registration I did took a couple of hours, and then the bank set up an account the same afternoon.

WHS

A week is an age in company setup. :)

JimmyJames
4th June 2010, 17:37
OK, thanks. I think I'll wait until I've got a contract offer before I register then.

BolshieBastard
4th June 2010, 20:25
Hi

I'm looking to move from perm to contract, and have a couple of telephone interviews in the pipeline. I currently have a 1 week notice period so if I secure a contract I'm keen to get going asap.

My question is do I need to form a Ltd company and have a business account before I get a contract or vice versa? - A contractor friend is putting me in touch with an Accountant but this probably won't be until after the interviews.

Any advise would be most welcome.

You dont need either set up first. And, if you still havent got a contract yet, I'd wait until you do.

Its unlikely an agent will pay you more frequently than monthly anyway. By which time your bank account and ltd co will be set up.

Took less than 2 hours for my accountant to create the ltd co. Bank account took a little longer at just over 10 days.

xoggoth
6th June 2010, 16:57
WHS
And WHS.
And WHS.
Neither major problems, both easily navigated between start date and first invoice normally.

norrahe
6th June 2010, 18:11
WHS
And WHS.
And WHS.
Neither major problems, both easily navigated between start date and first invoice normally.

WTS

Just find yourself a decent accountant who'll sort it all out for you.