• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The pound the next target?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pound the next target?

This is what they said about the Euro a few weeks ago.

The gamblers betting on Britain going bust - Telegraph
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    This is what they said about the Euro a few weeks ago.

The gamblers betting on Britain going bust - Telegraph
    We are on the plains, and the "Default Lion" is on the prowl with an empty stomach. We have such a limp that we cannot hope to outrun it - and are an easy target.

But as the saying goes, you don't need to outrun the lion, just outrun the people next to you and fortunately (for us), the Eurozone have collectively tied their shoelaces together.

But while it's eating, we have to ensure that we recover sufficiently before it gets hungry again.

Comment

CUK has been prophesying the fall of the pound for at least year now, also the collapse of the stock market.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We are on the plains, and the "Default Lion" is on the prowl with an empty stomach. We have such a limp that we cannot hope to outrun it - and are an easy target.

But as the saying goes, you don't need to outrun the lion, just outrun the people next to you and fortunately (for us), the Eurozone have collectively tied their shoelaces together.

But while it's eating, we have to ensure that we recover sufficiently before it gets hungry again.
        True or not, who cares? That is quite brilliant prose MR C, we salute you.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I LOVE the way you say it
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            CUK has been prophesying the fall of the pound for at least year now, also the collapse of the stock market.
            And as a contrarian investor, I say, long may it continue!
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The congregation here never knowingly understate a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                The congregation here never knowingly understate a threat.

Oh so true.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

But who listens to Dim Prawn and his doom mongering?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

CUK is full of walter mitty characters and folk who know less about economics than my goldfish.
                    FTFY
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X