• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Wine!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Wine!

Rightio I'm off to the local wine emporium (Tescos) to buy some wine for the evening so I can sit down and watch Dr Who and Britains Got Idiots.

I personally like a nice Chardonay (2-1 btw this will CM & CH's name if they have a daughter in the near future, Evens for Winston if it's a boy)

Perhaps Chilean probably Aussie wine. Bit oaky, probably a Semillion Chardonay!

Any recommendations?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

If you like white, try an Italian Soave. Or (for a few pennies more) spanish albarino.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Chardonnay is wicked (innit), but I prefer a decent quality Cava.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Chardonnay is wicked (innit), but I prefer a decent quality Cava.
        I don't have a sophisticated palate I am afraid. I particularly dislike Red Wine. To be all Red Wine tastes like vinegar.

Went on a wine tasting afternoon in Australia to a particularly nice vineyard and mentioned the above. The host insisted I drank there best Red Wine and it was because I had obviously only had rubbish before.

I took one sip, spat it out and went 'Yep! Vinegar!'

I wasnt invited back.

Comment

My favourite wines typically involve SY01. Probably the way he bottles it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I don't have a sophisticated palate I am afraid. I particularly dislike Red Wine. To be all Red Wine tastes like vinegar.

Went on a wine tasting afternoon in Australia to a particularly nice vineyard and mentioned the above. The host insisted I drank there best Red Wine and it was because I had obviously only had rubbish before.

I took one sip, spat it out and went 'Yep! Vinegar!'

I wasnt invited back.
            Ah. Good job you weren't in France or you'd have been lynched.
            Was Dr Who any good? I've given up on it (Amy mugs to the left, mugs to the right, stares intently into the distance. Tedious.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Ah. Good job you weren't in France or you'd have been lynched.
              Was Dr Who any good? I've given up on it (Amy mugs to the left, mugs to the right, stares intently into the distance. Tedious.
              Whites - gavi di gavi, pinot gris, reisling, sauvignon blanc and of course fizz

Though I'm more of a red wine kinda gal, a decent kiwi pinot noir, a nice burgundy or bordeaux (older the better), a montelpulciano or some marques de riscal.

I haven't watched tonights episode yet, but Amy does get on my tits a tad, as bad as some of the most recent assistants were, she seems a tad pointless, whereas Mr smith is finally finding his feet and isn't a bad doctor at all.
              Last edited by norrahe; 5 June 2010, 19:52.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

(Amy mugs to the left, mugs to the right, stares intently into the distance. Tedious.
                Ah, but she looks pretty while she's doing it

Comment

Chardonnay comes in a variety of guises - IMO for chardonnay you can't do better than a good Chablis. What do you like? Sharp/fruity/oaky? Red wine is an acquired taste - if you want to get into it start with a nice Italian sangiovese - fruity and light.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
                    My favourite wines typically involve SY01. Probably the way he bottles it.

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X