• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do old IT Contractors go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do old IT Contractors go.

In my case, Italy. Chucked it all in. Given up the work thing. Sold the house in the UK and bought two in Italy ......

No more IT, no more IR35, no more early starts, no more Heathrow on a Monday morning / Friday evening.

I'm just so happy .....

Technically Blonde / aka Debbie Lane
    Let's Go to Italy
    TB
    Let's go to Italy

So hang on a mo....

Have you done this no going back thing you know, where you put all your savings in a hotel and then work 15 hours a day to keep it going.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Lucky you... now thats the sort of thing that I am working towards... the misses has just brought an apartment in cyprus.. so the plan is to eventually spend most of the time out there.. luverly weather, scenery, cheap, people speak english etc etc.. away from the lunatic $hite pit that this country is rapidly descending into

Good luck to ya I say

Comment

Silicon heaven.

Comment

Hey Debbie, good to hear from you again. Well done.

I myself have a plan b and a villa in Cyprus.

If all goes to plan I will have two villas soon, one to live in and one to rent, and a few quid besides.

Blairs Britain. Stick it up your ARSE.
          Last edited by DimPrawn; 19 January 2006, 22:40.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            Hey Debbie, good to here from you again. Well done.

I myself have a plan b and a villa in Cyprus.

If all goes to plan I will have two villas soon, one to live in and one to rent, and a few quid besides.

Blairs Britain. Stick it up your ARSE.
            Is that the same Britain whose bizarre house price inflation has accidentally provided some of you with the only exit plan that most of you could think of?

Comment

Nope.

I paid for my villa CASH. Remember that?

How quaint.

PS And I still own my house with no mortgage in the UK.

Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                Nope.

I paid for my villa CASH. Remember that?

How quaint.
                You earned it and then you bought it? Well done.

Yes I am familiar with the principle, in the abstract.

Comment

Originally posted by Technically Blonde
                  In my case, Italy. Chucked it all in. Given up the work thing. Sold the house in the UK and bought two in Italy ......

No more IT, no more IR35, no more early starts, no more Heathrow on a Monday morning / Friday evening.

I'm just so happy .....

Technically Blonde / aka Debbie Lane
                  Let's Go to Italy
                  Otranto. I used to go there for summer holidays when I was a kid. Allegedly now there are more albanians than italians, as what I have heard.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Green
                    How are things in Sri Lanka?

Comment

Working...
                    X