• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RSI; anyone ever had it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSI; anyone ever had it?

Repetitive Strain Injury. Is it just a permie ‘disease’? The bloke at the next desk has a specially adapted keyboard, an ergonomic mouse, special sweaty cushions upon which he rests his wrists and had now taken more than a week off work on full pay due to limp wrist syndrome.

Are self employed people somehow immune to this debilitating condition? I’ve never met one with RSI, or for that matter, whiplash, ME, or any of the other ailments that afflict permies at hectic times.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I get it occasionally and just wear a wrist support for a while.
    Though whilst permie I did have the support mouse mat and all the works
    Last edited by norrahe; 7 June 2010, 12:51. Reason: speeeeling
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Oi Mich, change hands after 99...

Comment

I was asked to replace a drummer in a band for 3 months because he was due to go in for an operation because of it and they had loads of gigs set up.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I was asked to replace a drummer in a band for 3 months because he was due to go in for an operation because of it and they had loads of gigs set up.
          Which drum was best for resting your bowl of spaghetti on?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Don't mention DRUMS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Check out my new kit...

It arrives on Friday..

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Check out my new kit...

It arrives on Friday..

Ahhh but can ye go marching with ye new drum?

Comment

Never suffered from it myself, but a distant family member who was a really, really good violinist and used to practise pretty much all day, every day was afflicted with RSI when she was only about 19, and it just got worse and worse till she pretty much became an invalid and had to use voice recognition software to use a computer and had to use various other gadgets and devices just to live life. Grim.

Comment

Had a very mild bout a couple of years ago. A mouse-mat with gel pad really helped. As did doing much less work

Comment

Working...
                    X