• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Public Sector is to get its pips squeaked!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Public Sector is to get its pips squeaked!!

BBC News - Cameron: 'Difficult decisions' on pay and benefits

And what a fuss they are making!!

Not before time........mollycoddled wasters most of 'em!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    BBC News - Cameron: 'Difficult decisions' on pay and benefits

And what a fuss they are making!!

Not before time........mollycoddled wasters most of 'em!!
    wealth destroying frackers, the lot
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

and to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, Microsoft agreement with the NHS expires. As the article concludes, the NHS haven't got much time to roll out any alternatives...
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

ere ere.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          and to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, Microsoft agreement with the NHS expires. As the article concludes, the NHS haven't got much time to roll out any alternatives...
          However, it might also mean that NHS Trust's buy/license the software they actually need instead of putting the whole kaboodle on everything "because it's free".

Seen a few national agreements in the NHS. Every single one of them cost more than they would have done locally, because they are specced to the highest common demoninator, even though the vast majority don't need or want it.
          Last edited by centurian; 7 June 2010, 19:06.

Comment

Saving money in the NHS should be like shooting fish in a barrel. They could start by ditching the idea that a high pay scale=knowledge about everything.

And while we are at it they can ditch the tax credits system. Why pay people under the odds and then pay a whole army of other people to top that up to a living wage? Pay 'em the right money in the first place and cut out the middle-man.
            I know this is a totally off-the-wall idea but perhaps we could start making things again?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              And while we are at it they can ditch the tax credits system. Why pay people under the odds and then pay a whole army of other people to top that up to a living wage? Pay 'em the right money in the first place and cut out the middle-man.
              I know this is a totally off-the-wall idea but perhaps we could start making things again?
              The solution is simpler than that - tax credit is basically a refund of tax paid, although there are cases where claimaints can get more than the tax they paid.

So why not just reduce taxes for the low paid - paid for by doing away with tax credits...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                What about if people simply pay taxes, and those who warrant benefits are simply paid... benefits?

It's radical I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  What about if people simply pay taxes, and those who warrant benefits are simply paid... benefits?

It's radical I know.
                  Why not do away with work and taxes altogether. We could all be on benefits.

If things need to be done then we could import workers from poorer parts of the world. If we need to pay for things we could just borrow it or even print it.

Simples.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

It's radical I know.
                    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    Why not do away with work and taxes altogether. We could all be on benefits.

If things need to be done then we could import workers from poorer parts of the world. If we need to pay for things we could just borrow it or even print it.

Simples.
                    The previous government liked to convince us that "Tax Credits" and "Benefits" weren't the same thing, that way they could convince us that they'd reduced the amount of benefits being paid out.

Originally posted by Alexandr Meerkat
                    See "Tax Credits" "Benefits", not even sound same - simples!

Comment

Working...
                    X