• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skilled Migrant Visa - Prove of my employment and income

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skilled Migrant Visa - Prove of my employment and income

Anyone contractor here applied for Skilled Migrant Visa in UK? I hope someone can give me some pointers.

I own my Ltd company, and as per visa application requirement, I'd need to submit proofs of working experience, and income.

Working experience - how? i own my company, do I write myself a letter as proof of employment? or can I just gave them the contracts I've done?

Income - Again, I don't get pay slips. I pay myself every month a low salary, and then dividends. Can I supply my company's reg (ie, I own 100%), and then show the company invoices?

Thanks heaps.
    Last edited by panadol; 19 January 2006, 22:42.

Is panadol your name or the brand of painkiller you prefer most?

No idea mate.

I'm sure if I applied for any skilled migrant scheme our government would tell me to piss off. They don't like my sort here.

Comment

Just tell 'em the truth - that you employ yourself and earn very little. There's no point in lying and I'm sure you'll get a visa no matter what you say.

Comment

Tell them you are Polish. They'll get out the red carpet.

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by panadol
          Anyone contractor here applied for Skilled Migrant Visa in UK? I hope someone can give me some pointers.

I own my Ltd company, and as per visa application requirement, I'd need to submit proofs of working experience, and income.

Working experience - how? i own my company, do I write myself a letter as proof of employment? or can I just gave them the contracts I've done?

Income - Again, I don't get pay slips. I pay myself every month a low salary, and then dividends. Can I supply my company's reg (ie, I own 100%), and then show the company invoices?

Thanks heaps.
          So you pay yourself every month - ok. Do you operate a PAYE scheme with the Inland Revenue? If so you are legally obliged to provide all employees (i.e. you) with a payslip at each payment date. So how come you haven't got any payslips?

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
            So you pay yourself every month - ok. Do you operate a PAYE scheme with the Inland Revenue? If so you are legally obliged to provide all employees (i.e. you) with a payslip at each payment date. So how come you haven't got any payslips?
            He can just tell them he's a plumber who works cash in hand. They'll issue his visa straightaway.

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
              My company is UK registered.

As of PAYE, yes I do have it....hence I should've been issuing myself with payslips monthly right?? Didn't know that

So dividends my Ltd pay myself should be included in payslips I guess?

Comment

Nope. But they need to be properly declared, minuted and recorded. Your accountant will give you the details I'm sure.

Comment

My company is UK registered.

As of PAYE, yes I do have it....hence I should've been issuing myself with payslips monthly right?? Didn't know that

No dividends come from a board meeting resolution passed by the board of the company. They issue an item in the minutes which is signed and issue a dividend voucher to the recipient.

If you haven't done this then you have been taking income and not dividends as all dividends need to be backed up by a board meeting minute and dividend voucher. If you haven't done this prior to the payment then its income and taxed as such.

By the way issuing these minutes and notices after the event is a criminal act.

Suggest you talk to an accountant and get this cleared up before you dig the hole any deeper

Comment

Thanks heaps.
                    How did you get in here in the first place?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X