• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Campaign for the execution of Diarmuid Gavin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign for the execution of Diarmuid Gavin

…and a cull of garden designers in general.

Having spent about 1 minute enjoying my bank statement on Thursday evening, which looks somewhat healthier than last year, and receiving the news of a new contract, Lady Tester announced that she had visited the show gardens of a ‘garden designer’. A Dutch gardener, who takes his inspiration from said Irishman, was to visit Tester House on Friday with a design and a quote. Now I like my modern design, and even enjoy a bit of abstract modern art sometimes, so the aesthetics didn’t disagree with me. But the f**king price of it!

20,000 euros doesn’t get you much except for a turquoise miniature concrete cooling tower just off centre and a square ‘pond’ big enough for two very intimate goldfish. Want plants? 3500e Extra. Want a place to sit? 5000e Extra. Fancy a pergola? Forget it.

Why can’t women just stick to shoes and handbags instead of landscape art gardens?

Can we just shoot garden designers and landscapers on sight?
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 7 June 2010, 16:05.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Having spent about 1 minute enjoying my bank statement on Thursday evening, which looks somewhat healthier than last year, and receiving the news of a new contract, Lady Tester announced that she had visited the show gardens of a ‘garden designer’. A Dutch gardener, who takes his inspiration from said Irishman, was to visit Tester House on Friday with a design and a quote. Now I like my modern design, and even enjoy a bit of abstract modern art sometimes, so the aesthetics didn’t disagree with me. But the f**king price of it!

20,000 euros doesn’t get you much except for a turquoise miniature concrete cooling tower just off centre and a square ‘pond’ big enough for two very intimate goldfish. Want plants? 3500e Extra. Want a place to sit? 5000e Extra. Fancy a pergola? Forget it.

Why can’t women just stick to shoes and handbags instead of landscape art gardens?

Steal his designs and do it yourself, moany moanerson
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      That's what I did with Moben.

Got their kitchen designer in for an hour or so, put up with the hard sell, then took his designs down to Wickes.

Similar kitchen, less than a quarter of the price fully fitted.

Comment

Gardening? I like gardening almost as much as I like football.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Can't you just become an MP and get it all done for nowt?? Or have things changed??
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

That's what I did

If you don't want to do it, get your lady tester to do so.

20k for a garden design??? They saw you coming
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I like Diarmuid. He's cute, in a scruffy sort of way.

Comment

Never eard of im but I sympathise. My pet hate is chefs, especially that bloke that wanders along the seashore serving up almost raw fish.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X