• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice little touch for those of you who have bought an iPad....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice little touch for those of you who have bought an iPad....

Saw this dual screen sharing demo in the shopie, was rather cool. You could remove the iPad from the dock while still sharing the screen.

Did not buy one in the end, cannot for the life of me why I think I would need one....

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Would that be the BMW with iDrive?
    BMW Technology Guide : iDrive
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Did not buy one in the end, cannot for the life of me why I think I would need one....
      What, an iPad?
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Yes an iPad; I asked the sales dude 'Tell me why I would want one?'

As far as I can tell to pass the idle minutes when slumped on the couch and no other reason. I'm not convinced. It's a great toy you could totally carry it around with you if you go to the coffee shop.

The iPhone 4 however, I mean woah... now I'm rather impressed here, HD cam corder? One of things I've been waiting for is a decent camera and increase battery life.

I'll probably end up buying an iPad just because you know I'm a fan boy with too much money.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I'll probably end up buying an iPad just because you know I'm a fan boy with too much money.
          Can I sell you some fresh air in a can?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Can I sell you some fresh air in a can?
            It's so tulip that people who build the things keep topping themselves...

Protest at Chinese iPad maker Foxconn after 11th suicide attempt this year - Telegraph

Comment

The model of interaction with the iPad is to be a "consumer," what
              William Gibson memorably described as "something the size of a baby
              hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in
              the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with
              eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes
              them sting. It has no mouth... no genitals, and can only express its
              mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the
              channels on a universal remote."
              Otherwise known as a 'fanboi'
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X