• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mmmmmm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmmm

Spent the day at Clientco.

Cycled in, so arrived ravenous. Clientco got new cafeteria - hadn't tried it before. Wandered down around 9am to grab a bag of crisps.

Approached to smell of bacon wafting down the corridor. Mmmm. Lovely hot bacon roll, and only 80p!!! Will be spending a lot more time in the office over the next couple of weeks. May not be as bad as I feared....

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

Cycled in, so arrived ravenous. Clientco got new cafeteria - hadn't tried it before. Wandered down around 9am to grab a bag of crisps.

Approached to smell of bacon wafting down the corridor. Mmmm. Lovely hot bacon roll, and only 80p!!! Will be spending a lot more time in the office over the next couple of weeks. May not be as bad as I feared....
    A few things I am looking forward to in Zurich, nice cafeteria, free fruit, fresh coffee, and spotless loo.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

.........smell of bacon........
      Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      ......free fruit, fresh coffee, and spotless loo......
      IMHO You've missed the point...... Mmmmmmmmmm....... Bacon...... Mmmmmmmmmm......

I can get nice coffee......... wonderful fruit....... even clean toilets.........
      but a Bacon Butty......

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        IMHO You've missed the point...... Mmmmmmmmmm....... Bacon...... Mmmmmmmmmm......

I can get nice coffee......... wonderful fruit....... even clean toilets.........
        but a Bacon Butty......
        I know "Turkey Bacon" isn't the same but surely it'll do as a stop-gap.

I can get you a Bacon Butty in Jerusalem...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          I know "Turkey Bacon" isn't the same but surely it'll do as a stop-gap.

I can get you a Bacon Butty in Jerusalem...
          Well I can only get "Beef Bacon"........ which is tulipe.....
          and if I got to Jerusalem... I'd have a few difficulties getting back into Jeddah....

I am actually at home as we speak.... and I think I'm going to get a real Bacon Butty... for some reason I am thinking about them!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            Well I can only get "Beef Bacon"........ which is tulipe.....
            and if I got to Jerusalem... I'd have a few difficulties getting back into Jeddah....
            I think that little problem gives you one of the few legitimate reasons for having two passports.
            Seems a bit of a hassle just for a bacon butty though.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Lucky sod. Here in Holland all the big companies are using Sodexho, Eurest or Albron with their bloody condescending ‘healthy choice’ selections, including half fat yoghurt, fruit salads, muesli bars etc. Basically, not enough calories or protein for someone who keeps themselves fit.

I f**king hate being told what to eat by overweight bureaucrats who think they know what's good for me. I can make my own choices, thankyou.

Good job for me that there’s an Italian restaurant nextdoor.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bacon and egg croissant from pret, that's my friday treat. mmm
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Bacon and egg croissant from pret, that's my friday treat. mmm
                  Sounds nice - bet it's more than 80p though!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I think that little problem gives you one of the few legitimate reasons for having two passports.
                    Seems a bit of a hassle just for a bacon butty though.
                    Yes - An oppo who I travelled out with was approaching Passport Control in Jeddah when he went white as a sheet and whispered "Tulip!! I think I've bought the wrong passport!!!!........"
                    Fortunately (for him) he was wrong and he did have the right one.......

Comment

Working...
                    X