• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any investment ideas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any investment ideas?

Dear All

I will shortly inherit c.£70k due to a bereavement in the family.

The sensible thing to do right now (given the 'pain' we are all going to feel as we recover from the recession) is to invest it wisely.

If I had to commit, I would say I would need quick-ish access to £20k, with the remaining £50k invested longer-term. I am looking for capital appreciation and not income.

Does anyone, of the top of their head, have any useful ideas? Anyone spotted any decent accounts?

Thanks

Good burgundy and a cellar.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Falklands Oil shares.

Rockhopper had a confirmed find, and are about to run appraisal wells.

When they have done a flow test, and the find is confirmed commercial, and the oils goes from potential reserves to reserves then it will go up and up...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I have some magic beans here.

You might want to think about buying a monorail.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

You do know where you are
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            I have some magic beans here.
            I have some Yuman Beans here.

Comment

BP, BA, BT, RBS, LLoyds

Buy british mate, you will never go wrong.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Why not buy some farmland and wait?

It's worked for most of Europe's aristocracy.

Comment

Pay off your mortgage.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    BP, BA, BT, RBS, LLoyds

Buy british mate, you will never go wrong.
                    I actually nodded sagely for abaout 2 seconds when I read this - and then it clicked....

Comment

Working...
                    X