• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitch gives a thumbs down for Osborne

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitch gives a thumbs down for Osborne

Just isn't good enough:

Government plans to cut the deficit 'distinctly weak', says Fitch ratings agency - Telegraph

The UK must try harder.....

I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I say we follow the Spanish model and introduce an immediate 5% pay cut for all public servants.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I say we follow the Spanish model and introduce an immediate 5% pay cut for all public servants.

still won't be enough.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        still won't be enough.
        Okay.........15% then.............you see? Now you're getting it.........this haggling!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

They were discussing the german cuts on German TV, still peanuts, and they're bigger than the UK cuts.

The only way out is through hefty cuts a la Ireland/Spain/Portugal etc etc, a spot of growth wouldn't go amiss. The really big problem is the looming retirement from the baby boomers, not just the UK but everywhere. This could be phase 3 of the financial crisis.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I say we follow the Spanish model and introduce an inquisition...
            NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn! I can't say it - you'll have to say it.

Cardinal Fang!!! Fetch the "Comfy Chair"!!!

Comment

Working...
            X