• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

money money money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

money money money

5 Live were talking about the lotto this morning - does money bring you happiness etc. Anyway one woman rang in who won 1.5 million and she has never told anyone, not even her husband ! Just think some poor bloke is fighting his way through traffic every morning to earl a living and his wife is sat on 1.5 million - it could be one of you.

But then again would you tell your other half if you won that much ?

Originally posted by foritisme
    5 Live were talking about the lotto this morning - does money bring you happiness etc. Anyway one woman rang in who won 1.5 million and she has never told anyone, not even her husband ! Just think some poor bloke is fighting his way through traffic every morning to earl a living and his wife is sat on 1.5 million - it could be one of you.
    I wonder if he listens to 5 Live? I think she might have been telling porkies.

Comment

My wife said she wouldn't tell me. She'd buy me a plane, pay off the mortgage but still make me work. She reckons I would become lazy(-er), overweight and an alcoholic.

She'd be right then.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
        My wife said she wouldn't tell me. She'd buy me a plane, pay off the mortgage but still make me work. She reckons I would become lazy(-er), overweight and an alcoholic.

She'd be right then.
        But then again perhaps there is something in the womans mindset that delights in depriving a man of his pleasures, dont you think?

I suspect this story is all too true.

Back on thread,the more money you have the more happier you are.

It is right and fitting that a man whom completes his monthly invoice should celebrate the Pleasure of Pure Profit ?

If you disagree please drop me a note and I will arrange for a funds transfer to my account toute de suite.
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 20 January 2006, 11:24.

Comment

Oh yes, don't believe the lies: money does make you happy, and the more you have of it the happier you get.

People who have lots and money and are unhappy are mentally ill.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

toute de suite.

tout de suite

FFS
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
              toute de suite.

tout de suite

FFS
              I prefer the feminine abstract.

It may be Poetic license, but its how I like to express myself.

You see Gentlemen how quick the Ladies are to deny us even the simple pleasures of expressing ourselves ?
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 20 January 2006, 11:30.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/4628996.stm

However, is there happiness in blowing £8.7m in a year and having £1m left in investments?

How the hell do you blow £8.7m? I mean, I would buy a LearJet of course and pay for training but the interest alone on the capital and a rental option should pay for the fuel and op costs.

All I remember is seeing the guy drive around his backyard with his chav mates getting pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                  But then again perhaps there is something in the womans mindset that delights in depriving a man of his pleasures, dont you think?
                  You mean like grabbing your gonads prior to the vinegar strokes?

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/4628996.stm

However, is there happiness in blowing £8.7m in a year and having £1m left in investments?

How the hell do you blow £8.7m? I mean, I would buy a LearJet of course and pay for training but the interest alone on the capital and a rental option should pay for the fuel and op costs.

All I remember is seeing the guy drive around his backyard with his chav mates getting pissed.
                    How much does a Lear Jet cost?

Btw, don't forget you'll need a safety pilot...

Comment

Working...
                    X