• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linked in Groups - Do you find them useful?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked in Groups - Do you find them useful?

I've started joining Linked In Groups recently and participating.

Interestingly. I fixed a posters problem and have managed to get a days consultancy providing them training on a product.

There are also a number of 'XXX Wanted' posts coming up. On the whole they tend to be more US centric though.

Has anyone found any meaningful work/contacts/contracts from the Linked In forums? Is it worth spending time on them?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've started joining Linked In Groups recently and participating.

Interestingly. I fixed a posters problem and have managed to get a days consultancy providing them training on a product.

There are also a number of 'XXX Wanted' posts coming up. On the whole they tend to be more US centric though.

Has anyone found any meaningful work/contacts/contracts from the Linked In forums? Is it worth spending time on them?
    I have found Linked-In contacts useful... but never the Groups as such.....

Do you want to link to me??

Comment

I have joined the groups that my sun certifications allow me into, as sun/oracle run them they only allow people with the exams into them so they are a badge of honour on my profile.

Really not intersted in the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        I have found Linked-In contacts useful... but never the Groups as such.....

Do you want to link to me??
        Me a senior, professional contractor with a incredible network!

You, a self confessed CUK bum bandit with a link to a candy floss loving dullard!

Don't be ridiculous!!!

Send me a PM
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Me a senior, professional contractor with an incredible network!

You, a self confessed CUK bum bandit with a link to a candy floss loving dullard!

Don't be ridiculous!!!
          Kiss my hairy butt
          On its way!

Comment

The groups seem to be populated by pimps mostly trawling for contacts. I've never found them of any use.

Apart from the CUK group, of course
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I have joined the groups that my sun certifications allow me into, as sun/oracle run them they only allow people with the exams into them so they are a badge of honour on my profile.

Really not intersted in the rest.
              A badge of honour? You sad bastard.

It's not done much for your spelling and social skills though has it?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                A badge of honour? You sad bastard.
                Having had a JEE Architect Cert for nearly a decade has meant that I get the cream of financial jobs in my area.

I do not have to run down to Swindon in whatever crap car you drive and sit in a crappy B&B all week earning a crap day rate.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Having had a JEE Architect Cert for nearly a decade has meant that I get the cream of financial jobs in my area.

I do not have to run down to Swindon in whatever crap car you drive and sit in a crappy B&B all week earning a crap day rate.

HTH
                  Oh, ok.

You're still a sad bastard who has no command of English and I suspect you tell lies. Scream a little louder and even you may believe them.

Comment

Send me a PM
                    MarillionFan has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Bloody Hell..... everyone wants to link to you!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X