• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

itchy feet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

itchy feet

i don't see that anyone else has commented on the cuk post on the upturn. here's my version of events: in the downturn i took a perm role that has updated my skillset with formal training etc but it didn't meet expectations in paying for the hours i put in. hence i've started contracting again which should hopefully 2x what's in my pocket. i had high hopes for a life of permiedom until retirement - what a muppet.

having rejoined the fold, i'll try and keep up with current affairs once more

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    i don't see that anyone else has commented on the cuk post on the upturn. here's my version of events: in the downturn i took a perm role that has updated my skillset with formal training etc but it didn't meet expectations in paying for the hours i put in. hence i've started contracting again which should hopefully 2x what's in my pocket. i had high hopes for a life of permiedom until retirement - what a muppet.

having rejoined the fold, i'll try and keep up with current affairs once more
    103 posts since Aug 2005.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Upturn?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Upturn?
        WHS
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

apply some athlete's foot cream and then bleed the radiators. that should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
            which should hopefully 2x what's in my pocket.
            is that for desktop support type roles?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              is that for desktop support type roles?
              Can't be, contract support roles are paying 1x perm rates.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
              X