• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone moved from Clearsky since price hike?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone moved from Clearsky since price hike?

Just wondered how compliant they were with requests for any info, previous years paperwork, year end accounts etc?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

All regulated accountants have an obligation to co operate in any handover.

Comment

damn I received a letter they are doubling the cost, they are good accountants but I noticed my last 2 accountants left them!
      Also i'd rather go somehwere else that charges bloddy 120pounds a month and get regular calls from them, my accountants never call me or give me tips

Comment

doubling the costs! why are they doing that?

Comment

@Sackman
          Most of us have been on a fixed rate of something like £66+VAT for a sometime now, personally 3 years.

Quay Accouting was taken over by Parasol and became Clear Sky Accounting.

Presumably they are looking for a quick ROI.

An increase has always been on the cards but approx 2x is a tad steep. £75.90 inc VAT to £141 inc VAT!!!!

Will be moving once I have assessed the alternatives, my previous liason at Quay has moved to another new accounting startup, at £75 pm, also some other recommendations from the board to investigate.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

and what makes a great accountant in your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              @Sackman
              Most of us have been on a fixed rate of something like £66+VAT for a sometime now, personally 3 years.

Quay Accouting was taken over by Parasol and became Clear Sky Accounting.

Presumably they are looking for a quick ROI.

An increase has always been on the cards but approx 2x is a tad steep. £75.90 inc VAT to £141 inc VAT!!!!

Will be moving once I have assessed the alternatives, my previous liason at Quay has moved to another new accounting startup, at £75 pm, also some other recommendations from the board to investigate.
              I'm just signing a letter of engagement with a new accountant, they are approaching Clearsky to organise the handover today.

I've gone for a local accountant, who looks to be offering more and will take me on at £78 per month. Tax planning is also included and I will be dealing with the accountant directly not a bunch of number crunchers.

In my opinion, even the accountants at Clearsky were of little use, so moving to where they've gone wouldnt be one of my preferred options.

Comment

Originally posted by SackmanandCo View Post
                and what makes a great accountant in your eyes?
                I'm not saying that they didn't provide the service required.

They have obviously worked for 3 years on £75 per month, and suddenly its £141.

3 years is a long term loss leader if thats what they were planning, especially in a busy market such as contractor accounting. Knowing how money conscious contractors are they could see a large price hike would mean some moves.

How has the service that I was provided with at £75 changed to what I am being provided with at £141? Are my accounts attracting twice the manpower, I think not.

Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
                In my opinion, even the accountants at Clearsky were of little use, so moving to where they've gone wouldnt be one of my preferred options.
                Mmmm, Little/no advice has ever been offered where they are initiating and not me, but then we were only paying £75. Number crunchers maybe but then thats all I needed at the price.
                Last edited by Scrag Meister; 11 June 2010, 08:21.

Comment

I see. Would you pay more for a more pro active accountant? Or do you just like the job done?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                    Mmmm, Little/no advice has ever been offered where they are initiating and not me, but then we were only paying £75. Number crunchers maybe but then thats all I needed at the price.
                    And I too have switched from them to one of their ex-employees!! I'll still pay more, but it's only a tenner extra for talking to someone I do have a relationship with.

Comment

Working...
                    X