• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now that the Scots have left No 10

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that the Scots have left No 10

David Cameron has said he will fly the flag of St George over No 10 during the football World Cup in South Africa

The prime minister told MPs that the move would not cost anything and he hoped would help unite the nation behind the English team.

No matter what part of the UK people came from, he said he hoped they would be shouting "come on England"
    I doubt that very much

All public buildings in London should fly the St George cross all the time

He's only pretending not to be a Scotsman.

Comment

On Saturday I was passed by an open top car with loud Asian music playing. It was proudly flying the English flag. Which was nice.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

"Cameron is a surname of Scottish origin, and a first name derived from the surname. The surname comes from Scottish Gaelic cam-shron (also spelled cam sròn), meaning 'crooked-nose' or 'hooked-nose,' and is the name of a Scottish clan, Clan Cameron."

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurBigot View Post
          David Cameron has said he will fly the flag of St George over No 10 during the football World Cup in South Africa

I doubt that very much

Or the rainbow flag!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            "Cameron is a surname of Scottish origin, and a first name derived from the surname. The surname comes from Scottish Gaelic cam-shron (also spelled cam sròn), meaning 'crooked-nose' or 'hooked-nose,' and is the name of a Scottish clan, Clan Cameron."

Ah, so he's Jewish then?

Brian: I'm not a roman mum, I'm a kike, a yid, a heebie, a hook-nose, I'm kosher mum, I'm a Red Sea pedestrian, and proud of it!

Comment

Fitz forms a prefix to patronymic surnames of Anglo-Norman origin. This usage derives from the Norman fiz / filz, prononciation: /fits/ (cognate with French fils < Latin filius), meaning "son of", which was coupled with the name of the father (e.g. Fitz Gilbert, meaning "son of Gilbert") in the noble families according to the Scandinavian tradition to add -son behind the father's name. Although there are exceptions in which the name of a more noteworthy mother (Fitz Wymarch), or parent's title (Fitz Count, Fitz Empress) was instead used. It later was applied to the illegitimate sons of princes.

You B*stard

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurBigot View Post
                Wouldn't have a problem with that. To what purpose though? To remind everyone that they are located in England?
                Are there many who have not realised that to be the case then?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

He is about as Scottish as I am French.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Wouldn't have a problem with that. To what purpose though? To remind everyone that they are located in England?
                    Are there many who have not realised that to be the case then?
                    <Bob>
                    Yes Mr SB is very correct in his sayings! I am very sure in my beings in Englands
                    and I am being supportings Mr Rooney
                    </Bob>

Sorry IGMC

Comment

Working...
                    X