• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minestrone and his English test - allow me to retort...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minestrone and his English test - allow me to retort...

Originally posted by Minestrone
    I take it that for the English exams down South there was some kind of interpretation element where points were awarded. I think I am starting to understand why Churchill was not given a place at university.

I thought I would set a little test for him, what you have to do Churchill is read the following passage and then answer the question which is multiple choice...

Originally posted by original article
    FOXES are being blamed for digging up ancient bones at a city cemetery.

Residents living near Rosebank Cemetery, in Pilrig, discovered the gruesome damage while walking there at the weekend.

The city council said it was aware of the damage, and that its pest control team was monitoring the situation. However it is illegal to kill foxes by poisoning or snares
    Churchill for five points, what was being blamed for digging up graves in Rosebank Cemetery?

A. The Were-Rabbit
    B. Professor Rabbit, Dean of Archaeology at Edinburgh University
    C. Foxes

In your own time Churchill...

A, B or C?
    The answer is of course "C", Foxes are being blamed.

However, according to the original article which of the following is also true?

A. Foxes definitely did it!
    B. It was foxes what did it, one was seen having a good old chew on a spine.
    C. Foxes are being blamed but there could be an alternative culprit.

In your own time Minestrone.

Note to Administrator, fair is fair, Minestrone has had his chance.

Sad. You have a serious mental issue there Churchill.

Admin closes the thread as it had become dull and tedious. You get a warning to pack it in, but because Minestrone had had the last word you couldn't let it lie.

In addition Minestrone has decided to leave the site so this thread, your retort are the same as you.

Pointless.o
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This message is hidden because MarillionFan is on your ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        This message is hidden because MarillionFan is on your ignore list.
        LOL. The Suityou defense.

More desperate than a hen party trapped in traffic on the M25 and needing to pee.
        Last edited by MarillionFan; 10 June 2010, 06:57.

Comment

Enough now fellas please. Change the record.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            More desperate than a hen party trapped in traffic on the M25 and needing to pee.
            I like that one!!! Can I borrow it?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              In addition Minestrone has decided to leave the site
              He has? why?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh come on guys, give it a rest - have you any idea how tedious and boring you are?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                  Oh come on guys, give it a rest - have you any idea how tedious and boring you are?
                  That's quite funny. Glad to see you've got a grasp of irony.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Appears so.

Looks like Gricer is now chief troll.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    There never seems to be any fresh faces in here, apart from gricer/sas/atw/cyberman/whoever/boy there has not been one new poster in here ready to discuss like there used to be.

Now I do not believe that is down to the usual Churchill/MF/SAS/MS/SB/ATW wars that go on, they have always happened.

So, with that, I state my resigation, my flounce, goodbye.
                    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Good riddance.
                    There are currently 117 users online. 4 members and 113 guests
                    As usual, looking through the "Who's Online" pages reveals that the vast majority of "Guest" users are looking at threads in the Professional forum.

The "General" thread that has the greatest number of viewers right now (13 of them) is... "My Train Journey This Morning"

It seems that the high and mighty of General are being trounced by gricerboy when it comes to posting threads that are of interest to people other than themselves

Comment

Working...
                    X