• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you spend on Internet and phone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you spend on Internet and phone?

per year?

It seems that the majority of people (middle aged and younger) are willing to spend shed loads of good money on phone and internet tariffs and on the enabling technology. Only to yap nonsense on the phone all day and be a PITA as they wander randomly about the streets.

I spend ~£28/month for internet and phone inclusive of everything and have a PAYG phone that I rarely use; the phone itself was dirt cheap. So that's about £360/year, which is a lot by my reckoning, but a lot less than most spend I think.

PAYG phone, that seems to cost pennies a month

(I don't use it for internet access, and don't do texting, unless at gunpoint.)

Business broadband @ c. £40 a month (unlimited access, as I download shedloads of films and ebooks and probably get through well over 100 Gbytes per month).
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Business broadband @ c. £40 a month (unlimited access, as I download shedloads of films and ebooks and probably get through well over 100 Gbytes per month).
      Good call!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

You're still using usenet or whatever to download these from?

Comment

The missus and I have Blackberries that cost about £80 per month for the pair including unlimited data. I use mine a lot. Business internet is about £35 per month for around 80Gb.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            The missus and I have Blackberries that cost about £80 per month for the pair including unlimited data. I use mine a lot. Business internet is about £35 per month for around 80Gb.
            £1380/year then. The record so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              You're still using usenet or whatever to download these from?
              If using usenet then do count your subscription in with your broadband to make it fair

I have Android (free upgrade because I complained) @ £35 per month and have broadband @ £11.50 per month.

So £550 per year but I do use the phone a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                £1380/year then. The record so far.
                Fu<k!!!! I don't think the Teenage Drewsterette's achieve that!!!!

Oh Fu<k2..... Maybe I'd better check.......
                Oh Fu<k3..... Maybe I'd better not!!!......

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post

If using usenet then do count your subscription in with your broadband to make it fair
                  Oh yes, that's true. I use the Vuse bittorrent client, which is free, but also usenet via a Giganews platinum subscription which costs about £20 per month.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

About £1200 a year.

iphone - c £40 a month
                    Mrs ordinary phone - c £20
                    Home BB & line rental - c £40

We don't have Sky or Virgin TV so have unlimited BB for downloads etc.

I use my iphone data connection every day for something other than email - be it train times, tube disruption or similar. The time it saves me is worth the cost.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X