• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Count your blessings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count your blessings

life is actually pretty wonderful.

Whoever you are, you must have a best friend. This is wonderful.
    You must have things you like and dislike. This is wonderful.
    You must have memories (good and bad). This is wonderful.
    You must have money in your pocket (else how else can you have a laptop and access this site). This is wonderful.
    You must have skills, hard fought and won. This is wonderful.

You have opinions, abilities, thoughts, desires, wants and needs. This is wonderful.

It was a thought that permeated my tiny little brain this evening. My Grandmother (who lived through the blitz - as did all 'nans') always used to tell me us to count our blessings.

And I am, just counting them this evening. Feel pretty lovely now, and wanted to share the thought with you. No matter if your are benched, in contract, or other, take 10 minutes out to count your blessings.

Much hugs

SY01
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Bless. It's like a chain letter from a 12 year old.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      life is actually pretty wonderful.

Whoever you are, you must have a best friend. This is wonderful.
      You must have things you like and dislike. This is wonderful.
      You must have memories (good and bad). This is wonderful.
      You must have money in your pocket (else how else can you have a laptop and access this site). This is wonderful.
      You must have skills, hard fought and won. This is wonderful.

You have opinions, abilities, thoughts, desires, wants and needs. This is wonderful.

It was a thought that permeated my tiny little brain this evening. My Grandmother (who lived through the blitz - as did all 'nans') always used to tell me us to count our blessings.

And I am, just counting them this evening. Feel pretty lovely now, and wanted to share the thought with you. No matter if your are benched, in contract, or other, take 10 minutes out to count your blessings.

Much hugs

SY01
      <Pulls up deckchair>
      <Gets large tub of popcorn>
      <Gets crate of beer>
      <Pops 1st bottle>
      <Takes a slug>
      <Sits back and waits for MF & SAS>

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        <Pulls up deckchair>
        <Gets large tub of popcorn>
        <Gets crate of beer>
        <Pops 1st bottle>
        <Takes a slug>
        <Sits back and waits for MF & SAS>
        Good luck SY. All the best. We love you!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Good luck SY. All the best. We love you!
          Too

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
            Who are you, and what have you done with the real MF?
            He is one of the more human trolls. I still entertain him at the end of an outstretched chair (not from his shop).

Comment

"You didn't pass out when you had that mega dump a moment ago - this wonderful"
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                "You didn't pass out when you had that mega dump a moment ago - this wonderful"
                see, now you're getting it. Gaw-bless-ya

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  It was a thought that permeated my tiny little brain this evening.
                  I expect you'll be able to hold onto it for quite a while. Not like there is much jostling for position going on.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You are alive, this is wonderful
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X