• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summoned to see HR!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summoned to see HR!

Oh dear! I've been summoned with my line manager to go and see HR later about a permie who has complained I was off with him!

I'm working on an outsourcing project and one guy keeps blocking me on my role. He's had a number of digs about me being a contractor and I've just let them go.

Earlier he started banging on about he wasn't going to help as that was what would keep him in his role and that as a contactor I would get paid anyway and don't have anything to care about. He kept banging on about whether he would lose his job and what did I know. Eventually I just said to him!

'look mate I don't know who is going and who is staying. But if it was done to me with your attitilude you'd be first in line!!!'

Anyway he stormed off. Bench anyone???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

if you were benched would you be posting on here more or less than you are now?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Oh Dear™
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

MF has been binned more times than a crusty tissue at Atw's bedsit.

Comment

Don't forget to lace up your gloves before you go in to see HR.

Comment

Just the sort of thread that cries out for "annoying, tedious little man" in the tag cloud.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Excuse me I've only been binned once! And I still know the PMs name. I find you. One day. I'll find you!!!

Anyway had a brief chat with my manager. I'm in after lunch, but it looks OK. Said permie had a massive blowup at HR earlier on as well (which I didn't know about) so he has been sent home!!!! Just got to update them on what happened with me.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Excuse me I've only been binned once! And I still know the PMs name. I find you. One day. I'll find you!!!

Anyway had a brief chat with my manager. I'm in after lunch, but it looks OK. Said permie had a massive blowup at HR earlier on as well (which I didn't know about) so he has been sent home!!!! Just got to update them on what happened with me.
                  On the one hand: You were actually pretty correct and it appears that you had made attempts to carry on with what they pay you for despite the obstruction from this Nob.

On the other hand:
                  "look mate I don't know who is going and who is staying. But if it was down to me with your attitude you'd be first in line!!!"

Isn't exactly the most diplomatic way of putting it! [Ref1]

On balance I think you should put your professional hat on when you go in and (if accused) accept that you could have been "more subtle" but politely point out that you were just doing your job and you shouldn't need to deal with insecure pot-noodlers.... obviously don't use those exact words see [Ref1]

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Tell HR he threatened you.

Comment

Working...
                    X