• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks a bunch ya pimp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a bunch ya pimp

I got a call on the weekend to discuss a role in Luton. It was a permy gig, for a developer. I am not really doing development roles any more and am getting to grips with business analysis, data modelling, and general system architecture. I thought this would get rid of them. It didn't.

Pimp asks, what are you looking for?
    System architect role.
    Pimp asls, how much for?
    North of 65K p/a

Off goes the pimp to "talk to their key client"

Heard nothing for days, until yesterday when lo and behold the "key client" wants to see me anyway.
    I asked if their expectations had been set according to salary expectation. Yes. Do they know I do not want a developer role. Yes. Great!

Off I toddle this morning to the interview. Get there and they start interviewing me for a developer role paying 35K.

I politely closed the interview and went back home and called the pimp. Apparently it's all my fault and she has been embarrassed in front of her "key client". Not even the faintest hint of an apology for wasting everyone's time.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Why not drop the 'key client' a personal apology while firmly placing the blame on the agent?

You might get the satisfaction of embarrassing the agent further. Of course you'll never know this for sure, but it's a satisfying thought

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Why not drop the 'key client' a personal apology while firmly placing the blame on the agent?

You might get the satisfaction of embarrassing the agent further. Of course you'll never know this for sure, but it's a satisfying thought
      I like to think I am better than this. A brief rant on here will suffice.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Are you saying that my suggestion is that of a bitter and twisted old b@stard?

Hey, I didn't know you knew me in real life

Comment

And there was I expecting a heart warming tale of an agent who listens, thinks and lands you a great gig. Must lay off the booze at lunchtimes.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well you're not.

So do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

You misunderstand. If you are a professional you should be sorry for the client that they got screwed by the agent, and contact them to explain that you would never have wasted their time if you'd been told the truth.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We all know the agent dropped a bollock because we have all been there. I'm sure the client knows it too from the look of astonishment on your face when they described the job, and the profuse apologies you offered on behalf of the agent.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Heard nothing for days, until yesterday when lo and behold the "key client" wants to see me anyway.

Off I toddle this morning to the interview. Get there and they start interviewing me for a developer role paying 35K.

I politely closed the interview and went back home and called the pimp. Apparently it's all my fault and she has been embarrassed in front of her "key client". Not even the faintest hint of an apology for wasting everyone's time.
                  Always ask for a phone interview first. Unless they are willing to cover your ex's.

HTH
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Always ask for a phone interview first. Unless they are willing to cover your ex's.

HTH
                    Suity lives in Luton - so exes would be about £1-20 for the bus or £2 for the Taxi........

and asking for a phone interview would have probably back fired along the lines of - F***ing lazy F***ing twunt! can't be *rsed to get ot of his F***ing pit!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X