• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vuvuzelas!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vuvuzelas!!!

What a bloody noise they make? 10 minutes playing with the volume, I almost phoned Virgin up to complain of the background noise until I realised what it was!

It's like a stadium full of angry wasps!

I actually found it difficult to watch the France match and actually turned over.

England match is going to be a nightmare. Not going to hear any Great Escape or British fans, just those bloody vuvuzelas!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

They are headache inducingly annoying aren't they. We can only hope that once the saffers are knocked out the locals will lose a bit of enthusiasm and leave them at home. Although I fear it only takes a few to annoy the tulip out of a global TV audience of millions.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Could I just say "Get a 'kin life!!!"

For F'ks sake - we inflict 100s of morons "chanting" 'Barmy Army... Barmy Army...' for weeks on end...... and you complain about a few geysers blowing their horns!!

In portugal last week they had a Free Picnic with a concert and all sorts - plus the Portugese national team came along for a "formal" send off...... Thousands of Vuvuzelas (or whatever the Portugese name for them is).... great atmosphere...... whats your problem?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Could I just say "Get a 'kin life!!!"

For F'ks sake - we inflict 100s of morons "chanting" 'Barmy Army... Barmy Army...' for weeks on end...... and you complain about a few geysers blowing their horns!!

In portugal last week they had a Free Picnic with a concert and all sorts - plus the Portugese national team came along for a "formal" send off...... Thousands of Vuvuzelas (or whatever the Portugese name for them is).... great atmosphere...... whats your problem?!?!
        You didn't watch it did you?

To be fair the noise was so bad the last time I heard something like it was when I attempted to make the wife a cheap vibrator with a cigar tube and some angry bees in it.

Unbearable!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          You didn't watch it did you?

To be fair the noise was so bad the last time I heard something like it was when I attempted to make the wife a cheap vibrator with a cigar tube and some angry bees in it.

Unbearable!
          You are correct - I didn't watch it......... and to be honest I did try to re-tune the radio during the SA match cos there was quite a loud buzzing........ bloody Medium Wave I cursed......

Comment

You should have seen the SA/Mexico match. It didn't bother me very much as yoi can tune the vuvuzelas out ater a while but Mr Z was up to 4 paracetamols by the end of the match. Cracking SA goal though.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I've just ordered two off Amazon for our friends' kids. Heh heh! Get 'em back for that awful noisy car thing they bought our son a few years ago.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I liked it, but after 30 games I may have changed my mind.

On the other hand, they drown out the crowd sound which personally I find equally drone-like.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you don't like the way people make noises at football matches over there, then don't watch them. Sorted.

Comment

It's a similar sound to watching the Grand Prix.

Comment

Working...
                    X