• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who - Pandorica Opens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Who - Pandorica Opens

Cracking episode last night, but to be honest confused with who had the other tardis/space ship.

The Pandorica Opens
    The Doctor's friends unite to send him a terrible warning; the Pandorica – which is said to contain the most feared being in all the cosmos – is opening, as the time travelling drama continues. But what's inside, and can the Doctor stop it?

The Big Bang
    The Doctor is gone, the Tardis has been destroyed, and the universe is collapsing. The only hope for all reality is a little girl who still believes in stars, as this series of Doctor Who concludes with an episode written by Steven Moffat.

Anyway these last two episodes are cracking. For those who remember at the end of the Weeping Angels episode, River Song saying. For those who don't know the postcode of the universe (it was 26/06/2010). This actually refers to the date of the last episode. In addition, there was a scene in said episode where Amy is cowering her eyes and the doctor reappears to remind her what he said when she was a little girl(in this scene he wears his jacket when he had already lost it). And finally, in the first episode two shadows came of out of the crack at the beginning of the episode, coupled with a picture of churchill in Amys' drawings at the end!!!

The last two episodes are going to tie across all the other ones. Cannot wait!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Aye, Moffat has done a grand job.

I like the new Doctor too. He is better than the last one in many ways such as having a maturity and kinship to the earlier ones.

The pimped up Tardis is good. Not sure about the totty apart from her being, well, totty.

River Song is back too - she crackes me up.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I enjoyed last nights too and I suspect it was down mainly to the fact that it had very little Amy in it!
      She's very pretty and leggy an all, but her character is a bit one dimensional. I really liked her at first, but am rapidly going off her.
      I am amused that the posters on Outpost Galifrey seem to take great delight in going on about 'Amy's crack'

We have our theories about it all here at Pogle aches, but no doubt the finale will surprise us all.

Trivia:
      Matt Smith used to play a lot of football, till he broke his leg or something and he had to give up a promising career.
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I've noticed that the Doctor often visits famous achievers of note in history eg van Gogh, HG Wells, Da Vinci. Couldn't he visit some of the nastier element? Hitler, Attila, Napoleon?
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          I've noticed that the Doctor often visits famous achievers of note in history eg van Gogh, HG Wells, Da Vinci.
          Wouldn't you, if you had a Tardis?

P.S. I thought the van Gogh one was a bit sugary. Do they have the US market in mind?
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            Wouldn't you, if you had a Tardis?

P.S. I thought the van Gogh one was a bit sugary. Do they have the US market in mind?
            I thought the fact that Van Gogh had a Scottish accent kind of ruined that one for me. Even Steve McLaren does a Dutch accent FFS!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I thought the fact that Van Gogh had a Scottish accent kind of ruined that one for me. Even Steve McLaren does a Dutch accent FFS!
              I don't know if they were being too clever by half there. We all know that the Tardis is a universal translator thingy. The Amy character has a Scots accent, but Van Gogh says 'you're dutch like me' which causes some confusion. However, I could be reading too much into that.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                I've noticed that the Doctor often visits famous achievers of note in history eg van Gogh, HG Wells, Da Vinci. Couldn't he visit some of the nastier element? Hitler, Attila, Napoleon?
                Been done by Red Dwarf.

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I don't know if they were being too clever by half there. We all know that the Tardis is a universal translator thingy. The Amy character has a Scots accent, but Van Gogh says 'you're dutch like me' which causes some confusion. However, I could be reading too much into that.
                I think that was the point. I think they were being too clever for half of the audience, mind. I thought the Van Gogh episode was one of the best. But then I love his paintings. Was a bit confused by the "if you've been affected by any of the issues raised" bit at the end. My immediate thought was "what issues?". Bloody BBC luvvies.

Last night's was indeed completely brilliant. I love the new doc and what Moffat has done. Stronger story lines, not so much sentimentality, but still a lot of pathos. I think Moffat is more widely read than whatsisface wot used to do it. Julie T Walters or something?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Cracking episode last night, but to be honest confused with who had the other tardis/space ship.

The Pandorica Opens
                  The Doctor's friends unite to send him a terrible warning; the Pandorica – which is said to contain the most feared being in all the cosmos – is opening, as the time travelling drama continues. But what's inside, and can the Doctor stop it?

The Big Bang
                  The Doctor is gone, the Tardis has been destroyed, and the universe is collapsing. The only hope for all reality is a little girl who still believes in stars, as this series of Doctor Who concludes with an episode written by Steven Moffat.

Anyway these last two episodes are cracking. For those who remember at the end of the Weeping Angels episode, River Song saying. For those who don't know the postcode of the universe (it was 26/06/2010). This actually refers to the date of the last episode. In addition, there was a scene in said episode where Amy is cowering her eyes and the doctor reappears to remind her what he said when she was a little girl(in this scene he wears his jacket when he had already lost it). And finally, in the first episode two shadows came of out of the crack at the beginning of the episode, coupled with a picture of churchill in Amys' drawings at the end!!!

The last two episodes are going to tie across all the other ones. Cannot wait!
                  Well we've had Jame Corden, for the final two episodes we get Stacey (Joanna Page) as a female time lord/lady.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0656215/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiff...1466-26473736/
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I feel like I'm missing out but the fact of the matter is I just am never home in time for childrens' hour these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X