• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I’m looking for a job ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking for a job ...

... specification writing guide. (This is not for a live job so no CV’s please.)

I have been looking at my business plan writing this afternoon and I need to write a section on staffing requirements and that needs brief job specifications.

Has anyone had to do this?

Somehow I think I'm going to need more than:

Role 1) technical gofor monkey: do techie stuff ...

Role 2) totty: answer phone, coffee, ....
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Whats wrong with nicking it from Monster like everyone else?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      ... specification writing guide. (This is not for a live job so no CV’s please.)

I have been looking at my business plan writing this afternoon and I need to write a section on staffing requirements and that needs brief job specifications.

Has anyone had to do this?

Somehow I think I'm going to need more than:

Role 1) technical gofor monkey: do techie stuff ...

Role 2) totty: answer phone, coffee, ....

Would think also you need a "fluffer", and a "gimp".
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        [/B]

Would think also you need a "fluffer", and a "gimp".
        Why? Are you & Drewster offering your services?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Whats wrong with nicking it from Monster like everyone else?
          That is what I was expecting to do anyway. I just got reading about it all and wondered if I should do it 'properly'. Thing is to specify the role I have to first sort out the business processes, which requires ........
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            That is what I was expecting to do anyway. I just got reading about it all and wondered if I should do it 'properly'. Thing is to specify the role I have to first sort out the business processes, which requires ........

Most job descriptions in the real world don't match all the duties that someone carries out.

So as long as your Receptionist/Admin/PA/Secretary role is generic enough and you choose the right job title you are ok. Likewise with the technical dogsbody job just make up a list of duties the role involves then match a job title to the role.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X