• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MoR vs ITIL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MoR vs ITIL

If i was looking at splashing out a little of MyCo's hard earned cash in order to develop it's staff (i.e. me!), which of the above areas would be a better investment?

If anyone has any recommendations for training providers for either MoR or ITIL, please let me know.

TIA.

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    If i was looking at splashing out a little of MyCo's hard earned cash in order to develop it's staff (i.e. me!), which of the above areas would be a better investment?

If anyone has any recommendations for training providers for either MoR or ITIL, please let me know.

TIA.
    ITIL is the latest buzzword, and actually quite a useful course if you are working in an environment where either ITIL is aspired to, or, if there is chaos and you are in a capacity of being able to influence some form of order.

Self study quick and easy, only a 40 question multi choice, so, go for it.....

Comment

The ITIL Foundation exam is a cakewalk - seriously, don't bother shelling out for a course, just buy the manual from Amazon (from memory I paid £15), do some self-study and sit the exam. The book is called "Passing your ITIL Foundation Exam".

One week of study will be more than enough. I also found that there were a bunch of helpful lectures on YouTube for most of the topics, which can help to reinforce the material from the book.

As far as MoR goes, I haven't touched it but I've been considering it. Have you looked into it much? What's required?
      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

I agree with the ITIL Foundation exam statement above....that is doable.

I paid £500 to a company called Purple Griffin (they are like a broker) and went to London to do it. Things is they get you through the course and exam in 3 days.....where as self study if a bit harder unless you are disciplined. They offer all kinds of ITIL courses so they are worth checking out.

Training rooms were first class (company called Mavern, New Broad street, london) Trainer was called Neil Almond - very good....

Foundation is of course the first step - the rest of the courses you really do need someone to to training you.

Comment

From memory any ITIL qualifications beyond Foundation require you to attend a course: ie. self study for these is not an option.

I'm still interested to hear from anyone who's completed or had a look at the M_o_R certification... Anyone had a crack at this?
          You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post

TIA.

Go for the ITL course in the Seychelles, two weeks self studdy, tax deductable (Book at Thomas Cook)
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X