• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fekin Parcel Carriers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fekin Parcel Carriers

Fekin Parcel Carriers

I keep getting problems with DHL, UPS and Parcelforce dropping cards saying that parcel was undeliverable and therefore they have left it with a neighbour. Sometimes they do not even bother to knock and just drop a card and sometimes the “neighbour” is in the next road and do not know them. On complaining about this practice, the delivery companies point to their T&Cs. However the T&Cs only apply to the consignor not the consignee. My argument back to them is one of Data Protection. If as some case are, the consignment is a bundle of confidential papers or a recovered hard disk; then surly the carrier is in breach of the act. Your thoughts please…
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Start reporting the items as lost. It'll soon stop.

Comment

Not an expert but in the scenario you describe, wouldn't the sender be in breach under the DPA, for failing to ensure delivery to the named person, and not the actual courier?

The courier would only be liable for any data regarding you, pertaining to the actual delivery, they have on their systems wouldn't they?

Comment

Also bit annoying but maybe track the parcels online?

That way you know when it's near, and think it will tell sth like failed delivery if they dropped a note to a neighbor..

Comment

Most companies like DHL have sacked their delivery employees and replaced with freelance delivery guys. I have had these muppets call me at 10 pm at night trying to deliver the parcel because it was "on the route".
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
          X