• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you handle a Bassett Hound?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you handle a Bassett Hound?

My missus has a bassett hound – the problem being that at night she has no problems about the hound lying on the bed. Bang between us.

Tried shifting the mutt last night but it growled at me – does not look cool to the missus when she turns around seeing the thing growl…….

I tried to encourage the not to come upstairs – the darned thing fell over and fell down the stairs despite my very gently southward nudge. Again, did not go down very well.

Her other dog with stomach problems decides to wretch and let one off just as things settled down with the hound, which was a rather damp squid to the night.

Maybe I will need to track down another girlfriend if we cannot sort this dog thing out………

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Maybe I will need to track down another girlfriend if we cannot sort this dog thing out………
    Having taken so long to get this far, starting again is not really an option for you...

Comment

So the question is really how do you handle a woman who likes to share her bed with a dog?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Yawn... rubbish sockie

Comment

This is a real test of your "Manhood"......

1) Make sure the Totty is somewhere else.... you need to assert yourself without her "interfering"
          2) Stand 3ft in front of the dog and face it....
          3) Get down on your hands and knees....
          4) Make eye contact.....
          5) Growl (and I mean growl as if you mean it!!)

Assuming you have any Bollix the dog will back down....
          Once he has backed down you have been accepted as leader.... Now when it attempts to jump on your bed etc just move in front of it, make eye contact and gently growl.... He should pish off and leave you alone....

Another method is to Mount the dog to prove you are Boss..... I don't favour this method..... I have humped enough "real dogs" in my youth without humping "real dogs"......

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            Yawn... rubbish sockie

"Ironic" would be the term to use here.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              My missus has a bassett hound – the problem being that at night she has no problems about the hound lying on the bed. Bang between us.

Tried shifting the mutt last night but it growled at me – does not look cool to the missus when she turns around seeing the thing growl…….

I tried to encourage the not to come upstairs – the darned thing fell over and fell down the stairs despite my very gently southward nudge. Again, did not go down very well.

Her other dog with stomach problems decides to wretch and let one off just as things settled down with the hound, which was a rather damp squid to the night.

Encourage the mutt to hump her. That should do.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

chop up some red chilli's and let it lick your fingers just before going to bed..

NB: if the dog gets violently ill and thus gf spends the night calling out a 24hr vet and/or worrying then it's not my fault you followed advice from a stranger on the net
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  This is a real test of your "Manhood"......

1) Make sure the Totty is somewhere else.... you need to assert yourself without her "interfering"
                  2) Stand 3ft in front of the dog and face it....
                  3) Get down on your hands and knees....
                  4) Make eye contact.....
                  5) Growl (and I mean growl as if you mean it!!)

Assuming you have any Bollix the dog will back down....
                  Once he has backed down you have been accepted as leader.... Now when it attempts to jump on your bed etc just move in front of it, make eye contact and gently growl.... He should pish off and leave you alone....

Another method is to Mount the dog to prove you are Boss..... I don't favour this method..... I have humped enough "real dogs" in my youth without humping "real dogs"......
                  Alternatively, you could try one of those high frequency emitter doobries that freaks them out.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Encourage the mutt to hump her and post the video on the internet. That should do.
                    Although you may still have to look for a new girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                    X