• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damn electronic rubbish...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn electronic rubbish...

like the LNB on my Sky system.

Which, it transpires, is fecked.

Which is unfortunate since the dish is on the chimbly...

So now my front bedroom has a new sky dish & receiver in it.

Bugger.

Those cheapo receivers from Lidl are excellent for setting the dish up though.

Much better than the proper sky box, which has two bars showing quality & signal level with a discrimination of 0, 25, 50, 75 & 100%.

Combined with the update time delay these are totally useless.

Will have to drill some holes in the front wall & stick the dish outside.

Only common lower class people have Sky. You are clearly a very common chavy sort of lizard. I bet you eat children's brains with lashing of tomato ketchup and oven chips. You can't even get respectable monsters these days.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What is an LNB?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        What is an LNB?
        It's the Low Noise Block.

It incorporates the antenna & down converter to shift down the 10+ Gig signal received from the satellite to the 1.0+ gig signal that comes down the co-ax cable to your tuner/decoder, otherwise known as your STB or Set Top Box.

FFS, piss off, get an education and then come back... There's nothing for you here, this is a local forum... etc....

Comment

Ex-aerial fitters!

Comment

What a lot of TLA's.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Oddly enough the LNB was previously called an LNA.

It's inflation you know.

(*LNA == Low Noise Amplifier for the uninitiated).
              Careful lad... Remember the oath...

You're giving too much information away...

Comment

Working...
              X