• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where would you love to work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would you love to work?

Howdy folks,

First of all, as a result of yesterday's football results, the game has been officially banned in Australia. Let us never try that again.

Secondly, if you had the choice of working anywhere in the UK, where would you like to do so, given that one had to front up to a client site everyday (so be commercially realistic).

I heard that Ipswich is particularly lovely according to a recruiter?

Sincerely,
    Mal

Cornwall

Originally posted by Mal P View Post
    Howdy folks,

First of all, as a result of yesterday's football results, the game has been officially banned in Australia. Let us never try that again.

Secondly, if you had the choice of working anywhere in the UK, where would you like to do so, given that one had to front up to a client site everyday (so be commercially realistic).

Sincerely,
    Mal
    As an Accountant I worked on contract in Redruth and Plymouth in Cornwall
    Cirencester Glos
    I worked also in Ipswich but I preferred my time in Norwich

In IT I worked in Aberdeen for 3 weeks which took ages to get there from Brussels so possibly not commercially viable for long term

Comment

Howdy folks,

Sincerely,
      Mal
      Hey it's Mal! Party time - I'll get the beers!

Comment

Nowhere, I don't want to do any work in the UK.

<---- Gives a clue.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Howdy folks,

Sincerely,
          Mal
          In the girls shower room Oxford Uni
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

at home

I don't know I've been stuck working in London from the get go, so it would probably anywhere but there, which would be a refreshing change and anything but my current industry, which I cannot seem to escape from despite having transferrable skills.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
              Hey it's Mal! Party time - I'll get the beers!
              Is there any money left in the kitty or are you paying with loyalty cards?
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                at home.
                Been there. Done that.

AND I FRACKING HATE IT!
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The brains go to Cambridge, the money to Oxford, the girls go to... ?

Regardless, more beer!!

I too dislike working from home... but then again if my home was on the riviera...

Comment

The brains go to Cambridge, the money to Oxford, the girls go to... ?

Regardless, more beer!!

I too dislike working from home... but then again if my home was on the riviera...
                    You really need to get out a bit more Mal
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X