• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hope he gets to eat his words

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he gets to eat his words

BBC Sport - Football - Germany's Franz Beckenbauer criticises England style

The Germans are getting a bit ahead of themselves. Giving the aussies a thrashing is all well and good but they need to play a decent team before they can start proclaiming themselves favourites.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post

The Germans are getting a bit ahead of themselves. Giving the aussies a thrashing is all well and good but they need to play a decent team before they can start proclaiming themselves favourites.
    It's bit like Ferguson saying Chelsea are crap for drawing with Everton after Man Utd had just thrashed Bristol Rovers.

He's just a sauerkraut.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 15 June 2010, 09:32. Reason: Fleetwood
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

WHS.

People are saying we need to top the group to avoid playing germany but I think we should just take them and make them our bitches..
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        He's just a sauerkraut.
        [Homer Simpson mode]
        ...mmm Sauerkraut
        [/Homer Simpson mode]
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The germans scored 4 in their first game last time, and put 8 past Saudi Arabia in their first game in 2002.

Interestingly Miroslav Klose has scored 5 goals in both of the last two world cups.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            It's bit like Hitler saying "France are crap", just because it took his army 36 hours to wipe the floor with them! He's just a sauerkraut.
            FTFY
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              FTFY
              And we all know who won in Escape to Victory don't we.....

Comment

Well I got the impression that England were well, how should I put it....

crap.

Admit it, improve and win!!!
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

crap.

Too harsh. They were average, and against a fairly decent team who put in a good workmanlike performance. No doubt they will have to improve to progress very far, but that might be said about a lot of teams. No real harm done thus far, and as long as the next 2 games go reasonably well, a draw with the Yanks will soon scroll off the bottom of the page.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    FTFY
                    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

crap.

If we were crap the result would have been a lot worse, but we definitely need to improve if we're going to get beyond the next round. I believe we will, we played a lot better than that in qualifying and we have players who are capable of a lot better than that.

Comment

Working...
                    X