• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brazil (FIFA ranked top/1st) v North Korea (Fifa ranked bottom/105th)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazil (FIFA ranked top/1st) v North Korea (Fifa ranked bottom/105th)

so, what's the score going to be?

Brazil
    2nd favourite to win behind Spain
    4 times World Cup winners
    "The 1-0 defeat against France in the 2006 quarter-final ended a run of 11 straight wins for Brazil in the World Cup, the longest sequence of consecutive wins at the tournament"
    Strong Defence, Mid and Attacking side
    Fabiano (38 international appearances with 25 goals scored) and Robinho (75 appearances, 23 goals) are 2 likely starting strikers to test the North Korean defence

North Korea
    Last appearance in the World Cup was 1966 when they got to the quarter finals after knocking out Italy before losing to Portugal 5-3.
    Most players play for 'April 25', Korea's army state team, their only international players are:
    Jong Tae Se who plays for Japans Kawasaki Frontale (the club is currently raked 2nd in Japan's J1 league) in which "the striker quickly rose to become one of Kawasaki's best players and one of the best strikers in the J. League" The Guardian. Total International goals scored - 6.
    Hong Yong Jo who plays for Russia's FC Rostov whose international score sheet stands at goals scored against Mongolia, Guam, Thailand, Latvia and Jordon.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    so, what's the score going to be?

Brazil
    2nd favourite to win behind Spain
    4 times World Cup winners
    "The 1-0 defeat against France in the 2006 quarter-final ended a run of 11 straight wins for Brazil in the World Cup, the longest sequence of consecutive wins at the tournament"
    Strong Defence, Mid and Attacking side
    Fabiano (38 international appearances with 25 goals scored) and Robinho (75 appearances, 23 goals) are 2 likely starting strikers to test the North Korean defence

North Korea
    Last appearance in the World Cup was 1966 when they got to the quarter finals after knocking out Italy before losing to Portugal 5-3.
    Most players play for 'April 25', Korea's army state team, their only international players are:
    Jong Tae Se who plays for Japans Kawasaki Frontale (the club is currently raked 2nd in Japan's J1 league) in which "the striker quickly rose to become one of Kawasaki's best players and one of the best strikers in the J. League" The Guardian. Total International goals scored - 6.
    Hong Yong Jo who plays for Russia's FC Rostov whose international score sheet stands at goals scored against Mongolia, Guam, Thailand, Latvia and Jordon.
    The Koreans will probably start with a 3-6-1 formation packing the midfield and disrupting Brazil's natural game somewhat. The Brazilians will adapt to this but it'll take a little time. I will go with 3-0 or 4-0 although the Koreans could nick one.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      The Koreans will probably start with a 3-6-1 formation packing the midfield and disrupting Brazil's natural game somewhat. The Brazilians will adapt to this but it'll take a little time. I will go with 3-0 or 4-0 although the Koreans could nick one.
      nah they'll have an 11-0-0 formation.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

3 - 0 Brazil. Don't really see it getting that silly. North Korea still had to qualify, so they're not going to be that bad. We'd probably only get 1-1!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Saudi Arabia lost 8-0 to Germany in 2002... I will be rooting for an absolute tonking... if anyone complains I'll make an excuse about objecting to N. Korea's regime
          Last edited by d000hg; 15 June 2010, 08:47.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            North Korea still had to qualify, so they're not going to be that bad.
            North Korea 2010 Qualification

beat Mongolia 4-1 away and 5-1 at home
            beat Jordan 1-0 away, 2 - 0 at home
            drew against South Korea 0-0 both home and away
            beat UAE 2-1 away
            drew again with South Korea 1-1
            lost to Iran 2-1
            beat Saudi Arabia 1-0
            beat UAE 2-0

lost to South Korea 1-0
            drew 0-0 against Saudi Arabia
            drew 0-0 with Iran

North Korea and Saudi Arabia were equal on points but North Korea got through based on goal difference

Ok, they won more than they lost but their opponents were hardly 'World Class' players..

I can't decide if it'll be 6-0, 7-0 or 8-0.. Brazil are on good form at the moment with no injurys and an excellent squad.
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Anyone remember Pak Doo Ik?

Italy going home to a blizzard of rotten tomatos, Chile sent packing, and Portugal being 3-0 down in the quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                North Korea 2010 Qualification

beat Mongolia 4-1 away and 5-1 at home
                beat Jordan 1-0 away, 2 - 0 at home
                drew against South Korea 0-0 both home and away
                beat UAE 2-1 away
                drew again with South Korea 1-1
                lost to Iran 2-1
                beat Saudi Arabia 1-0
                beat UAE 2-0
                lost to South Korea 1-0
                drew 0-0 against Saudi Arabia
                drew 0-0 with Iran

North Korea and Saudi Arabia were equal on points but North Korea got through based on goal difference

Ok, they won more than they lost but their opponents were hardly 'World Class' players..

I can't decide if it'll be 6-0, 7-0 or 8-0.. Brazil are on good form at the moment with no injurys and an excellent squad.
                Bloody hell! Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea!!! What was this group called 'The Axis of Evil'!!!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This should be a laugh.

Now do I listen while I potter around the house or do I sit with a pint of lager and laugh hysterically at the tell?
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If it's as good as the rest of the World Cup it'll probably be 0-0

Not impressed so far

Comment

Working...
                    X