• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting My Digital Camera to Take Hi Resolution Pics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting My Digital Camera to Take Hi Resolution Pics

I've got a Pentax 5 MP camera. Sometimes I take a pic & download it to my desktop & it's 1 or 2 Mb but other times I take a pic and it's 120 k or so & is cr@p. What's happening here, is it some setting or does the camera do it intelligently? My user manual is in Dutch and I don't speak Dutch.

Why don't you try and find an english version of the manual online?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      I've got a Pentax 5 MP camera. Sometimes I take a pic & download it to my desktop & it's 1 or 2 Mb but other times I take a pic and it's 120 k or so & is cr@p. What's happening here, is it some setting or does the camera do it intelligently? My user manual is in Dutch and I don't speak Dutch.
      Pray to God it is so!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

it'll never take Hi-Res Pics.... it's only 5MP..... Fool!!!

Comment

does the camera do it intelligently?
          Clearly your camera is more intelligent than you, it knows it too and is taking the piss.
          Take it out to the car park and show it who the boss is.
          Last edited by Spacecadet; 15 June 2010, 14:07.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Jpeg compression. Or your altering the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              Jpeg compression. Or your...... fiddling aimlessly with knobs and buttons
              ftfy

Comment

Maybe its the light level - In strong sunlight, for example, practically any camera can take clear pictures. But small lenses and low pixel counts show their limitations more in low lighting, such as indoors, or outside after dark.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X