• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good deed for the day (Indian 419er baiting)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deed for the day (Indian 419er baiting)

Just had a call from a scammer, probably Indian judging by the accent.

MO is thus.

Initial caller tries to tell you there are errors on your PC.

Once he's got you hooked he passes you on to his closer - in this case a lippy twat calling himself Justin Smith.

Justin tries to get you to go to xwww.gogreen.co.uk (I've mangled the URL so you don't click on it without reading the story - Googles cache shows it to be a pretty crap website).

Once you've gone through to the website he tries to get you to give him your IP address and download some crap.

Anyway, I kept him from annoying some body who knows nowt about computers by:

Telling him I didn't have a start button on the keyboard.
    Telling him I didn't have a start button on the bottom left of my screen. (I'm really worried - "why haven't I got a start button?")

Eventually I told him there was an apple logo on the top left of the screen and my computer was 10 years old.

He didn't believe me so I made him go to wikipedia and look up Powerbook.
    Then, he tried to get me to go to his site, because he had gone to mine.

Eventually I told him he was a liar and I'd traced his call. He can expect a knock on the door from the Police for practicing deception (sadly they would not be interested since it originates outside of the UK).

Then, he tried some line about going to a restaurant for the first time and not knowing the chef. I told him he was following classic sales techniques about removing objections, and I wasn't going to be suckered into visiting his poxy, malware laden site.

Then he gave up, politely said goodbye and hung up.

WIN!
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Then, he tried some line about going to a restaurant for the first time and not knowing the chef.
    Yes, because restaurants are covered by health and safety and food regulations.

Didn't think phishers were that desperate though - I've spent the better part of the last two days trying to recover partition and MBR on one of my laptops 'cause the missus thought it would be great to click on a link from a Facebook buddy that had "photoz of u were dancin nekked"

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

Didn't think phishers were that desperate though - I've spent the better part of the last two days trying to recover partition and MBR on one of my laptops 'cause the missus thought it would be great to click on a link from a Facebook buddy that had "photoz of u were dancin nekked"
      She ain't much of a dancer and tell her the tassels ain't meant to go on the knees!

Comment

MO is thus.

Once he's got you hooked he passes you on to his closer - in this case a lippy twat calling himself Justin Smith.

Justin tries to get you to go to xwww.gogreen.co.uk (I've mangled the URL so you don't click on it without reading the story - Googles cache shows it to be a pretty crap website).

Once you've gone through to the website he tries to get you to give him your IP address and download some crap.

Anyway, I kept him from annoying some body who knows nowt about computers by:

Telling him I didn't have a start button on the keyboard.
        Telling him I didn't have a start button on the bottom left of my screen. (I'm really worried - "why haven't I got a start button?")

Eventually I told him there was an apple logo on the top left of the screen and my computer was 10 years old.

He didn't believe me so I made him go to wikipedia and look up Powerbook.
        Then, he tried to get me to go to his site, because he had gone to mine.

Eventually I told him he was a liar and I'd traced his call. He can expect a knock on the door from the Police for practicing deception (sadly they would not be interested since it originates outside of the UK).

Then, he tried some line about going to a restaurant for the first time and not knowing the chef. I told him he was following classic sales techniques about removing objections, and I wasn't going to be suckered into visiting his poxy, malware laden site.

Then he gave up, politely said goodbye and hung up.

WIN!
        Any idea how he got your phone number?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've spent the better part of the last two days trying to recover partition and MBR on one of my laptops 'cause the missus thought it would be great to click on a link from a Facebook buddy that had "photoz of u were dancin nekked"
          The worst thing is that it's completely your own fault for letting her log in with a proper account.

Or did she drop it when she saw the one with the banana?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Any idea how he got your phone number?
            He ordered a takeaway curry recently! They're all in it together!!!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

MO is thus.

I've just got off the phone to my mother and somebody tried this on her and her friend. As you might expect they are not at all technical so were a bit worried. Barstewards!

I suggested she employ similar timewasting techniques to you (which cheered her up a bit). God help him if he calls her back
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Just had another one - I think we'll get a new telephone number!

This set of twats are detailed here...
                http://stopmalvertising.com/malware-...eware-campaign

Kept the first monkey on the phone for 13 minutes, claiming I didn't have a start button on my screen or keyboard, then he cut off.

Next a few seconds later the phone rings again, and it's another guy, but this time he intersperses his questions with "you mother ****er" and other profanity.

So, I just replied to every question with "cocksucker?" he hung up in the end.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Next a few seconds later the phone rings again, and it's another guy, but this time he intersperses his questions with "you mother ****er" and other profanity.

So, I just replied to every question with "cocksucker?" he hung up in the end.
                  How utterly bizarre!

Comment

Set her up with a VM PC. No harm and just delete
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X