• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Right 1st time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right 1st time

Just changed the thermostatic mixer on the pumped shower, & it went right , the water turned off no problem, the old one came off with no damage to the tiles, the new one had all the listed parts, it fitted on to the outputs with minimal effort, it now works & there are no leaks, even the new shower rail fitted the holes left by the old one.

What is going on? Normally this sort of job is herald to a minor catastrophe involving lots of water everywhere; not completed perfectly in 10 minutes I think I need a lie down...
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

you must have bled the radiators before hand
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Just changed the thermostatic mixer on the pumped shower, & it went right , the water turned off no problem, the old one came off with no damage to the tiles, the new one had all the listed parts, it fitted on to the outputs with minimal effort, it now works & there are no leaks, even the new shower rail fitted the holes left by the old one.

What is going on? Normally this sort of job is herald to a minor catastrophe involving lots of water everywhere; not completed perfectly in 10 minutes I think I need a lie down...
      Obviously a surface mount valve - concealed are much more entertaining
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'd check your car if I were you; bound to be some catastrophic problem, probably the engine has melted into one single lump of metal and plastic.

Karma has to balance somehow....
        B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
          Karma has to balance somehow....
          I think it must be making up for DVLC not posting my tax disc in time & getting busted last week when dropping of someone at the airport as a favour
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

I think it must be making up for DVLC not posting my tax disc in time & getting busted last week when dropping of someone at the airport as a favour
            but you had paid for it in time?
            I thought they now gave you a weeks grace to allow for the postal service to get round to delivering it.
            ANPR that the police use automatically checks the DVLA database
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Funny thing that. It's probably Sod's Law (aka Murphy's Law) at work.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Funny thing that. It's probably Sod's Law (aka Murphy's Law) at work.
                I would like to meet Mr Murphy & give him a good
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  but you had paid for it in time?
                  I thought they now gave you a weeks grace to allow for the postal service to get round to delivering it.
                  ANPR that the police use automatically checks the DVLA database
                  I was on time & yes you get 5 days, but I was running at 15 days over, my fault for forgetting to chase it (it was more fun chasing BGG)
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

I would like to meet Mr Murphy & give him a good
                    Aye. I first noticed this effect when giving hitch-hikers a lift. Stopped by police for a weighing bridge check, and the next time my engine blew up. I went off the idea of offering lifts after that.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X