• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sybil Fawlty!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sybil Fawlty!

Is sat next to me!

A new contractor started on Monday placed on the desk next to mine. Were on the edge of a droning call centre and the noise is not great if you are developing or putting together documentation, but she has just bought it to a new level.

Her ******* mobile keeps going off with 'Don't you think your girlfriend is hot like me?' and instead of walking off to take a quite obvious personal call she's like 'oh I know, I know, I know maa haa haa' at the top of her voice. Then as part of her work she is organizing and running conference calls with more 'i know, I know, I know maa haa haa'

I had to move on Monday to finish a document.

I almost picked her phone up and chucked it out of the window!!! I can't afford another visit to HR. I need suggestions people!!!???!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Is sat next to me!

A new contractor started on Monday placed on the desk next to mine. Were on the edge of a droning call centre and the noise is not great if you are developing or putting together documentation, but she has just bought it to a new level.

Her ******* mobile keeps going off with 'Don't you think your girlfriend is hot like me?' and instead of walking off to take a quite obvious personal call she's like 'oh I know, I know, I know maa haa haa' at the top of her voice. Then as part of her work she is organizing and running conference calls with more 'i know, I know, I know maa haa haa'

I almost picked her phone up and chucked it out of the window!!! I can't afford another visit to HR. I need suggestions people!!!???!!!
    What's wrong with your usual solution: twat her one?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

She can't be half as annoying as a woman I had the misfortune to work next to in Reading.

That lady had a laugh like a braying donkey, and unfortunately found almost everything funny.

She would also end each peal of laughter with a giant snort, like a hog who had found a truffle the size of a basketball.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Is sat next to me!

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          She can't be half as annoying as a woman I had the misfortune to work next to in Reading.

That lady had a laugh like a braying donkey, and unfortunately found almost everything funny.

She would also end each peal of laughter with a giant snort, like a hog who had found a truffle the size of a basketball.
          I had a woman next to me at my last contract where she would narrate absolutely everything she was doing.

"Left-Click, Yep the Return figures, Cut, across to monthly report sheet, Paste"

Drove me crazy.

Shut up! with a huge friendly grin usually does the trick, for a while anyway.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

......Terrible situation concerning old girl Yaking on Mobile.......
            Very loudly say : "The rest of the Office really does not want to listen to your personal conversations!!"

Every time she gets loud...... Trust me it'll Work Wonders....

(Obviously this doesn't make you very popular with her.... but Hey you're used to that!)

Comment

I was actually hauled before Manager & HR for saying the very same thing - the twot had a habbit of leaving the mobile on her desk while she went to powder her nose.
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                What's wrong with your usual solution: twat her one?
                Don't be stupid! I haven't hit a woman for months!

Comment

Judging by the replies, the common thread is that wimmin at work should not be allowed mobile phones.
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Judging by the replies, the common thread is that wimmin at work should not be allowed mobile phones.
                    It will be a braver person than me to add to this comment!

Comment

Working...
                    X