• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We can do without these contractors!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 4 yesterday afternoon. Some effing numpty contactor (“I am an IT contractor” (male)) was complaining that his employer (Client Co) refused to let him continue on night-shift. He said he has made a complaint to HR because any change in shift will affect child care. The “employment expert” on Radio 4 said that he may have a case for gender discrimination. FFS, why don’t they get it?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Radio 4 yesterday afternoon. Some effing numpty contactor (“I am an IT contractor” (male)) was complaining that his employer (Client Co) refused to let him continue on night-shift. He said he has made a complaint to HR because any change in shift will affect child care. The “employment expert” on Radio 4 said that he may have a case for gender discrimination. FFS, why don’t they get it?
    I don't know mate, but in Holland a lot of permies have gone contracting as a last option having lost their jobs, and just don't get it. The same people are offering themselves at knock down prices because they haven't calculated the costs of admin, insurance, travel, building a warchest and so on. Hopefully they'll all go permie again soon.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

He's not called Thomas Beg is he?

BBC NEWS | Business | Reader diary: Dealing with my debt
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        To buy the restaurant, my husband and I had to re-mortgage the family home and my two small buy-to-let properties.
        After last July's London bombings, the restaurant suffered a considerable drop in custom.
        In November 2005, I became pregnant as planned. My husband and I were very pleased and excited.

So let’s analyse this little situation. Man and wife take on huge personal debts to finance a business, including remortgaging two BTL houses, which they could have sold, and remortgaging family home, which they could also have sold and moved to a flat above the restaurant, as most new business owners used to do. Business goes badly due to other circumstances, then lady gets pregnant. Very pleased and excited to be getting pregnant while holding 6 mortgages (two on each house) and owning a failing business. Lady then complains that bank manager is being rude by suggesting that getting pregnant in this situation was not the smartest choice possible.

Stupid bint.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Bet he thinks he's outside IR35 too. Shifts, that's low life speak. Please someone find out who it is so we get hire the CUK mossad to sort him.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Stupid bint.
            Mitch, your Join date says Sep 2008, so you probably missed the extensive discussions we had on CUK first thread here on the subject.

Also try the CUK search box for 'sayara begg'
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              Mitch, your Join date says Sep 2008, so you probably missed the extensive discussions we had on CUK first thread here on the subject.

Also try the CUK search box for 'sayara begg'
              only 1 g!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...hats-debt.html
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
              X